Windows 10: Migrating to SSD

Discus and support Migrating to SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, my computer came with a hard disk and I've recently bought an SSD. I downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive so I can use it as a boot drive, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tjcpizza999, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Migrating to SSD

So, my computer came with a hard disk and I've recently bought an SSD. I downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive so I can use it as a boot drive, so what do I do to get my SSD set up properly and migrate the data from my hard drive over? I ask because of the prompts with installing Windows 10 I wasn't sure what exactly to choose.

submitted by /u/tjcpizza999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tjcpizza999, Sep 7, 2020

2. Migrating from HDD to SSD

You're looking at just under 75GB of data to migrate from your HDD to SSD so...
    I'd suggest you use Todo Backup Free for migrations to SSDs. As "Word Man" mentioned, you get to choose if you want to move some or all of the partitions of a disk. I think you'll be ok to just migrate/clone the whole disk to the new SSD and then from it from the SSD to the other physical drive you mentioned having. If you have a Samsung SSD, use their Samsung Magician software to do the clone.

Simeon Naranjit, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Migrating to SSD

Win10 migration to SSD

I am adding an SSD and want to migrate Win10 to it. My current HDD has too many files on it to migrate all, because the size of the SSD is smaller than the HDD. Where can I find out what files and folders are essential to operate Win10 and exclude all
    other files so I can meet the size requirements of my SSD?

RonaldSwartzell, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Migrating to SSD

1. Migrating to SSD - Similar Threads - Migrating SSD

2. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  3. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  4. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  5. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  6. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  7. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  8. Screwed up literally SSD migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up literally SSD migration: I created a image of a Windows 10 Pro laptop drive ready to migrate it to an SSD. I removed the source hard disk and inserted the SSD and tried to restore the image to it. The image, created by Windows, turned out not to be usable, so I decided I would would have to burn it...
  9. Screwed up literally SSD migration

Screwed up literally SSD migration: I created a image of a Windows 10 Pro laptop drive ready to migrate it to an SSD. I removed the source hard disk and inserted the SSD and tried to restore the image to it. The image, created by Windows, turned out not to be usable, so I decided I would would have to burn it...
  10. Screwed up literally SSD migration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade