Windows 10: Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware

Discus and support Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to clone the disk of my old Windows 10 PC with a W10pro OEM license to a new PC that also has a W10 pro OEM license. The new PC has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benny7587, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Benny7587 Win User

Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware

I would like to clone the disk of my old Windows 10 PC with a W10pro OEM license to a new PC that also has a W10 pro OEM license. The new PC has not been unboxed yet ;The cloning is not the problem. I did this before with Macrium Reflect or EaseUS and this works as long as the disk is not moved to new hardware.Now when i move the cloned disk to the new PC i expect to run into a licensing problem ???What is the correct way to do this without buying a retail license?Any help is appreciated.

:)

Benny7587, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2022
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 11, 2022
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware - Similar Threads - Migrating hardware

2. Advice on migrating from 2016 Essentials to new hardware running 2022 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice on migrating from 2016 Essentials to new hardware running 2022 Standard: Hey everyone, sorry if this has been answered before but I've been tasked with migrating a server running 2016 Essentials that is also acting as a domain controller to new hardware that is running 2022 Standard. I was thinking for simplicity sake it would be better to change...
  3. Advice on migrating from 2016 Essentials to new hardware running 2022 Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice on migrating from 2016 Essentials to new hardware running 2022 Standard: Hey everyone, sorry if this has been answered before but I've been tasked with migrating a server running 2016 Essentials that is also acting as a domain controller to new hardware that is running 2022 Standard. I was thinking for simplicity sake it would be better to change...
  4. Cannot migrate windows digital product key to new hardware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot migrate windows digital product key to new hardware.: Recently I have built a desktop computer with windows 10 on it. I had planned to migrate the product key from an old laptop I had been using to the new desktop. This is not the first time I've done this.When migrating the digital product key, I realized that the laptop was...
  5. Cannot migrate windows digital product key to new hardware.

Cannot migrate windows digital product key to new hardware.: Recently I have built a desktop computer with windows 10 on it. I had planned to migrate the product key from an old laptop I had been using to the new desktop. This is not the first time I've done this.When migrating the digital product key, I realized that the laptop was...
  6. Cannot migrate windows digital product key to new hardware.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I want to migrate my file server from on hardware to another with permission which given to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to migrate my file server from on hardware to another with permission which given to...: Hello team,We want to migrate the file server from one physical server to another physical server with the Users' given permission, Is that possible? If possible, can anyone guide me on how to perform this task?...
  8. I want to migrate my file server from on hardware to another with permission which given to...

I want to migrate my file server from on hardware to another with permission which given to...: Hello team,We want to migrate the file server from one physical server to another physical server with the Users' given permission, Is that possible? If possible, can anyone guide me on how to perform this task?...
  9. Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware: I would like to clone the disk of my old Windows 10 PC with a W10pro OEM license to a new PC that also has a W10 pro OEM license. The new PC has not been unboxed yet ;The cloning is not the problem. I did this before with Macrium Reflect or EaseUS and this works as long as...
  10. Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows 10 to new hardware: I would like to clone the disk of my old Windows 10 PC with a W10pro OEM license to a new PC that also has a W10 pro OEM license. The new PC has not been unboxed yet ;The cloning is not the problem. I did this before with Macrium Reflect or EaseUS and this works as long as...