Windows 10: Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....

Discus and support Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two hard drives on my Desktop PC. One hard drive has Windows 10, the other hard disk has Windows 7. I have been multi-booting by changing which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tam, Aug 30, 2020.

1. TAM
    Tam Win User

Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....

I have two hard drives on my Desktop PC. One hard drive has Windows 10, the other hard disk has Windows 7. I have been multi-booting by changing which disk to boot in Bios.

I would like to clone my Windows 10 to a second partition on the hard drive that has my Windows 7 hard drive. Can I make the system a dual boot system after that? And id so, how would I go about doing this?

Thank you very much.

:)

2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Boyfriend Win User
    windows 7 (one partition dissapeared)

It sometimes happens. On my supervisor computer, a partition was made when he was using Windows XP with a third party software. With each fresh install, I have to assign a letter manually to that partition, else it don't show up in explorer even for Windows 7 RTM fresh install. I have seen it, that's why I have suggested the procedure.

Boyfriend, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

How to install Windows 7 on a 4TB hard drive? UEFI?

That's correct. To install Windows 7 to a 4 Tb partition you have to have UEFI. You can set a partition of 2tb then after you install Windows you can make the second partition active as a separate drive. Using the entire space If you install Windows to another drive you can set the whole drive as active. You still should use GPT

Jetster, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive.... - Similar Threads - Migrating Second Partition

2. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  4. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  5. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  6. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Migrating Windows 10 to ssd with Windows 7 on a second drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Migrating Windows 10 to ssd with Windows 7 on a second drive: Having no luck here so I need some help. I'm trying to replace a hdd Win 10 installation with a cloned ssd. I have the following setup: Disk 0: Windows 10 Pro installation (OS build 19041.867) Disk 1: Windows 7 (disk also contains EFI boot sector) Disk 2: Storage Disk 3:...
  8. Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....

Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....: I have two hard drives on my Desktop PC. One hard drive has Windows 10, the other hard disk has Windows 7. I have been multi-booting by changing which disk to boot in Bios. I would like to clone my Windows 10 to a second partition on the hard drive that has my Windows 7 hard...
  9. Migrating Window 10 OS to a partition drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Window 10 OS to a partition drive.: Hello there, I was wondering if it's possible to migrate the OS from C drive to D drive without the need to reformat the computer? If can't, is it possible to only move other files and program to other partition but leaving only the OS in the C drive?...
  10. Partition hard drive to install Windows 7

Partition hard drive to install Windows 7: Hello all, I've already upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, and there were no issues with the upgrade. However, I work from home and my work has informed me that they won't accept Windows 10, they will only accept 7 or 8.1 as their operating system (they also only...