Windows 10: Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

Discus and support Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,I need to replace my current C drive SSD too small with a larger SSD. Windows updates are resource pigs and I'm almost out of space. I've read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeBatchelor1, May 16, 2021.

1. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

Hi all,I need to replace my current C drive SSD too small with a larger SSD. Windows updates are resource pigs and I'm almost out of space. I've read several articles and it seems it either takes two or three simple steps using the free Macrium Clone function or the Windows Image Backup function and then Ease US. That method is as long winded as sending a man to the moon and back. Very confusing!Can ANYONE provide a simple set of instructions? I already have Macrium installed and it is far superior to the MS backup tool. I also read somewhere that the

:)

LeeBatchelor1, May 16, 2021
  2. Doomtime Win User

Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My Windows 8.1 was originally installed on a small SSD in my laptop. When I upgraded to Windows 10, it installed to my larger HDD. Is there a way to migrate my OS to the SSD without having to uninstall
    all my program files?

Doomtime, May 16, 2021
  3. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

I would do this:

1. Use the free version of Macrium Reflect to create an image of drive C:. Park it on drive D:.
    2. Create an image of the EFI System Partition.
    3. Create a Macrium Reflect rescue flash disk.
    4. Disconnect the old SSD. Connect the new SSD.
    5. Boot the machine with the rescue flash disk.
    6. Restore the image to the new SSD.
    In case the machine refuses to boot, you might have to use the commands bcdedit.exe, bootrec.exe and bcdboot.exe to repair the boot environment. Since I rarely use these commands, I am unable to give you precise instructions on their use. If all fails you
    can reconnect the old SSD.

Frederik Long, May 16, 2021
  4. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

Win10 migration to SSD

I am adding an SSD and want to migrate Win10 to it. My current HDD has too many files on it to migrate all, because the size of the SSD is smaller than the HDD. Where can I find out what files and folders are essential to operate Win10 and exclude all
    other files so I can meet the size requirements of my SSD?

RonaldSwartzell, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD

1. Migrating Windows from small SSD to large SSD - Similar Threads - Migrating small SSD

2. Migrating to SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating to SSD from HDD: Hello there, A few years back, I purchased a Lenovo Y470 Laptop with a preinstalled Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition which was then updated to Windows 10 Home Edition. Now, my laptop has gotten very low in speed and I want to replace the HDD with an SSD drive keeping both...
  3. Migrating from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from HDD to SSD: How to check if i have completely migrated from my HDD to SSD. I actually have done it about a year back. The laptop is running fine. BUt i cannot access my bios. Also cannot create recovery disc. Finally can i delete old windows files taking up space in my HDD....
  4. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  5. Migrating from Hdd to ssd

Migrating from Hdd to ssd: Migrating from Hdd to ssd Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ????i need secure and easy software...
  6. Migrating from HDd to ssd

Migrating from HDd to ssd: Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-from-hdd-to-ssd/c2565ea0-ce8a-44b6-a828-e7cdbffa73f6
  7. Small SSD (C:) and large HDD (D:)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small SSD (C:) and large HDD (D:): I just got a new PC with the following setup: Drive C: is a 128 GB SSD and Drive D: is a 2 TB HDD. Even though I have not installed any programs (like MS Office Pro), C: only has 61.7 FB free of 117 GB. I'm totally scared of what will happen if I start installing...
  8. Migration from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration from hdd to ssd: Windows 10 is currently on a 1.5 Tb hdd that is almost full. I want to purchase an ssd to use as the boot/system drive. I do not want to shell out for a large sdd. I do not want to do a fresh install of windows unless I can save all of my settings and not have to reinstall...
  9. How do i Migrate windows partition from large HDD to SMALL SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do i Migrate windows partition from large HDD to SMALL SSD?: I have just got a 120gb SSD and i put it in my laptop along with my 1tb SSHD and my 32gb Mssd. now i would like to have this as my final output 120gb SSD holding ONLY windows files/installation and possible some small apps (bootable) and my large 1TB for everything...
  10. Small SSD for large SSD for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small SSD for large SSD for win10: So im selling one of my smaller ssd's 240GB and picking up a 1TB. Which drive would be better to install windows on? Not worried about drive speeds or anything like that. ive been told to keep it on a smaller SSD over a larger 1TB ssd. 82033