Windows 10: Migrating Windows Print Server

Discus and support Migrating Windows Print Server in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,We are on a Windows Domain environment. We plan on removing our old print server and installing a new one with same printer drives but new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fluid-Mud88, May 4, 2021.

1. Migrating Windows Print Server

Hello,We are on a Windows Domain environment. We plan on removing our old print server and installing a new one with same printer drives but new printer shared names.I am having issues on the test phase of removing old network printers and installing new shared printers. Our environment has a combination of printers installed with a .vbs script objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection, manual installs by browsing to the printer network path and double clicking on printers, and some with using printui.exe /ga /q /n"\\server\printer".From the research I have gathered, the VBS and manual installs a

:)

Fluid-Mud88, May 4, 2021

2. Migrate windows 2003 print server to 2016 print server

Hi,

We are trying to migrate the current windows 2003 print server in cluster to windows 2016 r2 high availability. My ask here is,

1. Is it possible to migrate print service role from 2003 to 2016 directly or should I migrate from 2003 to 2012 and then migrate to 2016?

2. Is there any documentation to migrate print server cluster from 2003 to 2012 or 2016?

Thanks

PratheepSubbarayalu, May 4, 2021
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    Basic print server

yes, its linux, itl work with any os and any printer.

GRANTED you might have to make sure you are useing a router with the proper hardware to be able to connect to the printer, or some kind of gobetween, like my router does not have USB...

not real sure about DD-WRT's print server capibilitys but openWRT definatly has a package for that

cups[linux style print server]
    p910nd[i dont know style print server, says something about non-spooling whatever that is.]
    samba-server[windows style print server]
    kmod-lp [driver for oldschool printers]
    kmod-usb-printer[driver for usb printers]

mrhuggles, May 4, 2021
  4. Jan123 Win User

Migrating Windows Print Server

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Migrating Windows Print Server

1. Migrating Windows Print Server - Similar Threads - Migrating Print Server

2. Print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print server: Hi,When I send a file to my print server on windows server 2016 it is untitled. Is it possible to have it where I can automate putting the date/ time and device where the file is being sent from instead of it being untitled.Thank you....
  3. Print server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print server: Hi,When I send a file to my print server on windows server 2016 it is untitled. Is it possible to have it where I can automate putting the date/ time and device where the file is being sent from instead of it being untitled.Thank you....
  4. Print server

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2019 AD Server Migration - Issues Login in after the migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2019 AD Server Migration - Issues Login in after the migration: Hi Folks,I have having trouble login in to 2019 server after promoting the DC. Incorrect username and password. Tried with other accounts and have the same issue.4 Times I reinstalled but no luck. Environment: 2 x 2008 DC's 2 x 2012 R2 DC's recently promoted 1 x 2019 DC -...
  6. 2019 AD Server Migration - Issues Login in after the migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2019 AD Server Migration - Issues Login in after the migration: Hi Folks,I have having trouble login in to 2019 server after promoting the DC. Incorrect username and password. Tried with other accounts and have the same issue.4 Times I reinstalled but no luck. Environment: 2 x 2008 DC's 2 x 2012 R2 DC's recently promoted 1 x 2019 DC -...
  7. 2019 AD Server Migration - Issues Login in after the migration

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Print server issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print server issue: I have a computer that uses Windows 7 and is a print server for other computers. I have recently purchased a Lenovo T590 which is a Windows 10 device. Is it possible to connect to the print server computer with the Lenovo and print? If so, how do I set this up? Thank you...
  9. Print Server Issue

Print Server Issue: Hello, i created a print server, but the problem when someone add a printer to his computer all apps can't manage it. For example Chrome, Edge, Windows Photos, Libre office can't change paper size, orientation etc. It prints whatever are the settings on the driver. It does...
  10. Print Server

Print Server: Howdy folks, I have an Elite Silicon 4-port USB server that I used to have connected to my router when using W7. Since upgrading to W10 (x64 Pro) I haven't needed to use it but SWMBO is whining about having to turn my PC on to use the Epson sat in my office so I thought...