Windows 10: Migrating windows to a new pc

Discus and support Migrating windows to a new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old 32 bit PC with Windows Pro 10 ver 1903 on it. It comes up as "Retail Channel" when I do the slmgr -dli command. If I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnKeery, Jul 30, 2019.

1. JohnKeery Win User

Migrating windows to a new pc

Hi,

I have an old 32 bit PC with Windows Pro 10 ver 1903 on it. It comes up as "Retail Channel" when I do the slmgr -dli command.

If I want to replace the Pc with a new build , can I move the Windows 10 to it? As well can I change it to 64Bit?

If so how would you go about doing it?

:)

JohnKeery, Jul 30, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Migrating windows to a new pc

Migration; PC to Mac

I am trying to migrate my files and apps from Windows 10 Pro to a new MacBook Air. Opening the Migration Assistant, following all steps, it comes to a point where it states I must Close WINDOWS MAIL in order to proceed. I have tried everything in the book
    to close or remove this program and it just wont happen. I don't use WINDOWS MAL and never have. No idea what it does. Just know it won't close and allow the migration of my files and programs from my PC to my Mac. How can I get this done???

SkipKraemer, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Migrating windows to a new pc

1. Migrating windows to a new pc - Similar Threads - Migrating

2. Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. - Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. - Audio: Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{dd78d79b-9e02-4f31-87fd-f1f0c5ff8317} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. speakers work but headphones are not recognized. Inspiron 17 7779 Laptop running the very lastest windows 10 version...
  3. CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CD/ DVD ROM stopped working with error: driver is migrated on Windows 10 code 45: I have a Lenovo G50 Laptop with an internal HL-DT-ST DVD GUCON unit. It worked with 5 CDs that I imported into itunes. Then it quit working on CD #6. It shows up as a hidden item under task manager and currently shows as not connected to the computer. (Code 45) device...
  4. Office 2019 migrate from x86 to x64?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2019 migrate from x86 to x64?: Hi. I just upgraded from Office 2010 to 2019 (Pro Plus). However, as I upgraded, I got 2019 x86 and I would rather have x64 unless it proves to hard to migrate. So, the question - is it possible to migrate from x86 to x64 without loosing anything in the process? If so, how?...
  5. WIN XP (32 bit) Migration to WIN 10 (64 bit)

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN XP (32 bit) Migration to WIN 10 (64 bit): Does anyone know how or has moved a WIN XP 32-bit application to a WIN 10 (64-bit) computer? If you have successfully done it, please tell me how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-xp-32-bit-migration-to-win-10-64-bit/777fb73c-e775-4274-b73d-999deb1a49b7
  6. Samsung SSD 970 EVO not migrated after Win10 May 2019 update

Samsung SSD 970 EVO not migrated after Win10 May 2019 update: Hello, I don´t know how can be this "not migrated repaired" repaired. Used Samsung NVME SSD 970EVO 1TB. Prerequisities - Win10 (10.0.18362.295), - Win10 drivers (installed recent versions), - Samsung magician (installed last valid version 5.3.1), - Samsung FW...
  7. OS Migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS Migration: I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the...
  8. os migration

os migration: hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any...
  9. FastTrack for Windows 10 deployment and other migration resources

in Windows 10 News
    FastTrack for Windows 10 deployment and other migration resources: It's time to talk about migration. Here in the Pacific Northwest, birds are enjoying the last rays of the summer sun before they fly south for a warmer fall and winter. At Microsoft, we hope the summer weather stays forever, but we are also making migration-related plans. As...
  10. Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro on new SSD and leaveWindows 7 Pro on HDD while migrating files? Can both OS...: I have an older Dell Optiplex 790 with a quad-core i5 - a really great machine and a great chassis. I have chosen to update/upgrade it rather than just purchasing something new - which is not in our budget right now. Is is possible to clean install the Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows migration assistant