Windows 10: migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a large custom dictionary in Word loaded on Windows 7 enterprise. I have tried migrating it to Windows 10 and keep failing to do this correctly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maria F_2019, Jan 3, 2019.

1. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I have a large custom dictionary in Word loaded on Windows 7 enterprise. I have tried migrating it to Windows 10 and keep failing to do this correctly. Even though I see that ithe custom dictionary is installed (I can open it and see the words), when I type the words in a word doc. the words are not recognized or even recognized as incorrect. Is there a step by step guide on how to install a custom dictionary in Word when moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10? Thank you.

:)

Maria F_2019, Jan 3, 2019

2. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

If you have the custom dictionary set to something other than All Languages then Word only lets you add words that are in the language you specified. In other words, if you set the language in step 6 to French, then you won't be able to add any words that are in English, German, Spanish, or some other language. You can always set up multiple custom dictionaries and make sure that each of them is configured to the different languages in which you are working.

FreeBooter, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Dinasis Win User
    How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Jan 3, 2019
  4. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

N8: Dictionary: English and Dutch speak; Spanish, French and German silent?

Have an N8 with Symbian ^3 firmware. Dictionary has English installed by default. Added Dutch, Spanish. Dutch words are "spoken" with the
    Options>Listen menu choice. Spanish is mute. Removed Spanish, tried German and French. Both also mute. Any suggestions?

kurtkaufman---01, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - migrating Word custom

2. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English dictionary on the Spanish keyboard: I have been learning Spanish, so I installed the Spanish keyboard on my computer but quickly realized that it has the English dictionary and puts red lines under all of my words. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  5. Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible to migrate from windows 7 to windows 10: Hello, i've tried many times to migrate but uncucessfull... I need your help please ! see my errors log : Fault bucket 662167277, type 377156863 Event Name: WinSetupDiag02 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: 1 P2: 2 P3: 9 P4: 1 P5:...
  6. Autocorrect Dictionary - Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect Dictionary - Word: Does anyone know how to back up the auto correct dictionary in Word when using Office 365 with Windows 10 or how to print a copy of the auto correct dictionary entries? I used to be able to do this with Windows 7 but cannot figure out how in Windows 10....
  7. Editing custom dictionary in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Editing custom dictionary in Word: I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some...
  8. Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Migrating program from Windows 7 to Windows 10: In the many years I used Windows 7, I ran a freeware program Talking Alarm Clock byCinnamon Software. It is a valuable little program which I have tried unsuccessfully to install in my new Windows 10 PC. To begin with, trying to download it fromcinnamon.com is impossible,...
  9. Migrating from Office and Windows in Spanish to English

Migrating from Office and Windows in Spanish to English: I just purchased a new laptop and need to migrate my documents and programs from my old computer to the new one. Is there a problem migrating documents from Windows 10 and Office 365 in Spanish to the same programs in English? Thank you, Konrad...
  10. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Migrating custom dictionary to other computer