Windows 10: Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC

Discus and support Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your day so far; I would love your help: I just recently got a new laptop, and I need to get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/valupe, Oct 21, 2020.

1. /u/valupe Win User

Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC

Hi, everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your day so far; I would love your help:

I just recently got a new laptop, and I need to get an authenticator program working on my computer that resembles Microsoft Authenticator since obviously Microsoft hasn't released the application for Windows 10 on PC.

Furthermore, I have many accounts in Microsoft Authenticator on my phone; would there be any way to easily migrate these accounts to a trustworthy app on the laptop?

Thank you very much for any help that you can provide ☺️

submitted by /u/valupe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/valupe, Oct 21, 2020
  2. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Migrate Microsoft Authenticator settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows.

Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method. Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be
    stopped if they don't have access to your other devices or accounts.

For more information:

Refer: About two-step verification

We are sorry to say that this option is not available in Microsoft Authenticator. I would suggest you to leave a comment or feedback using the feedback app.

Your feedback is more important to us for improving the functionality and make the usage easy.

Give us feedback

Use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love, which features you could do without, or when something could be better.

• Go to Start
      enter the phrase
      Windows Feedback, then select
      Windows Feedback.

• See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as
      Microsoft Authenticator.

• If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select
      Upvote.

• If you don’t find any similar feedback, select
      Add new feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a categoryand then
      Select a subcategory.

• Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Refer: Updates
    and feedback

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC

Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC

1. Migration from Microsoft Authenticator to another Authenticator Program for Windows 10 on PC - Similar Threads - Migration Microsoft Authenticator

2. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  3. Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator is asking me to authenticate using Microsoft Authenticator to use...: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  4. Is there an authenticator for windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an authenticator for windows 10 PC?: I don't have a smartphone and don't want one, but I need a 2-step authenticator for windows 10 PC. I can't find one that doesn't need a phone. Any ideas?...
  5. Is there an authenticator for windows 10 PC?

Is there an authenticator for windows 10 PC?: I don't have a smartphone and don't want one, but I need a 2-step authenticator for windows 10 PC. I can't find one that doesn't need a phone. Any ideas?...
  6. Is there an authenticator for windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. microsoft authenticator

microsoft authenticator: I can't verify my authenticator app, I am locked out of my account and I have a new computer and I have changed my phone number. I tried to use the new form to get my hotmail account back but it keeps saying I need to approve microsoft authenticator app and I cant log into it...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator: Hello,recently I have a problem using MS Authenticator. If I want to do something with my outlook.com account. If I want to do something with my outlook.com account, I always need to send a notification. In MSA it is necessary to confirm three times fingerprint and it still...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator: I have MS Authenticator installed on a new iPhone 12 Pro Max. I also have it installed on my Pixel 4 XL. I setup my MS account on the iPhone last Saturday. I tested it numerous times using private browser sessions and then installed other accounts in the authenticator....
  10. Microsoft Authenticator

Microsoft Authenticator: How do I deactivate the Microsoft Authenticator on my computer login codes Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator/7e089389-1ca5-4866-b33c-510634bdb186"