Windows 10: Migration from old computer to new computer

Discus and support Migration from old computer to new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LUVSITE, Aug 23, 2018.

1. LUVSITE Win User

Migration from old computer to new computer

My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything from the old computer to a backup external hard drive, then move everything from the external drive to the new computer. Can someone recommend the best migration program for this?

:)

LUVSITE, Aug 23, 2018
  2. aarnstone Win User

migrating windows 10 to a new computer

I bought a retail version of windows8/8.1 and then upgraded to windows 10. my computer is 8 years old and i plan on getting a new i7 skylake chip based computer before the end of the year. the question is how do i migrate my C: drive and its programs to
    the new computer? do i just install 10 on the new computer's C: drive and then migrate from the old computer's C: drive to it?

aarnstone, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Just bought new computer with WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

* Original Title: migrate programs and data

Just bought new computer w/ WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

GeneRozewski, Aug 23, 2018
  4. kn00tcn Win User

Migrating to new computer

you can plug in the hard drive to the new computer instead of wasting time & lifespan of flash memory

EDIT: my reply was too late

a hundred favorites is nothing... try thousands & thousands on multiple browsers & OSs

i'd rather not 'migrate' programs (well, maybe some of their settings), best to reinstall each

kn00tcn, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Migration from old computer to new computer - Similar Threads - Migration old computer

2. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  3. transfer data from old computer to new computer

transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  4. migrating from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    migrating from old computer to new computer: I used zinstall to migrate. It took many hours to migrate and when it was done the new computer had a new name and the new user account only had 4 items in it. I looked around and found the old user account along with partial copies of the old user. What I want to know is how...
  5. New computer with same microsoft login as old computer. Can't migrate system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer with same microsoft login as old computer. Can't migrate system: I downloaded and installed Win 10 to a new computer from Microsoft so that I could use PC Trans to migrate my system and accounts and files from my old machine to my new machine. However, since my email address and password are the same, PC Trans thinks they're the same...
  6. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  7. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  8. Migration to a new computer

Migration to a new computer: I have a Windows 10 OS on my current computer. I bought a new computer with Windows 10 installed. I want to migrate files/apps/programs from the old computer to the new one in the simplest way possible without investing in any transfer software. Many of my files/documents are...
  9. Migrating to new computers

Migrating to new computers: We need to migrate our data and programs to new computers. One source computer runs XP, the other runs Win 10 Pro x64 (winver 1703); both destination computers run Win 10 Pro x64. What's the best way to go about it? I understand there is software designed to help. 88869
  10. Migrate to new computer

Migrate to new computer: My daughter just upgraded her Surface Pro 2 to a Surface Pro 4. Is there an easy way to migrate all her info/programs/data to the new computer? 66290

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old to new pc migration

2. Migration from old computer to new computer

3. old pc to new pc migration