Windows 10: migration makes you buy game again

Discus and support migration makes you buy game again in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My question is, do I need to buy again after migration of my account? I bought minecraft over 10 years ago, believe it was about 26 dollars. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottavian, Sep 13, 2021.

1. migration makes you buy game again

My question is, do I need to buy again after migration of my account? I bought minecraft over 10 years ago, believe it was about 26 dollars. I have enjoyed casual colossal building for a decade now both online with friends and on my own custom mc server. Migrated my account to the new microsoft standard this week and now it says I must buy minecraft again. The cost is minimal but the principle of making me upgrade so that you can get me to pay you again for something I already bought and enjoy...not cool. Help support did not help me. Is the only choice to re-pay or simply delete our ser

:)

Scottavian, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Cannot buy games or redeem codes in the store

Hi Javier,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent the store from working properly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: Clear Windows Store app cache.

We suggest that you manually reset Windows Store app cache then try to download the game again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Make sure that you are logged in to your computer using your Microsoft account.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Champ Win User

migration makes you buy game again

GPU intensive RTS?

This list is great. Now I got some buying to do, but please keep them coming. I love games that make me step my PC up.

Champ, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

migration makes you buy game again

1. migration makes you buy game again - Similar Threads - migration makes buy

2. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  3. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  4. Minecraft is saying it wants me to Buy the Game again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is saying it wants me to Buy the Game again?: I was playing the game yesterday and opening the launcher prompts the Buy option today. I've tried re-logging in and checking the website and it says the same thing, that I've never owned the game before even though I re-bought it when Mojang switched over to Microsoft....
  5. Minecraft is saying it wants me to Buy the Game again?

Minecraft is saying it wants me to Buy the Game again?: I was playing the game yesterday and opening the launcher prompts the Buy option today. I've tried re-logging in and checking the website and it says the same thing, that I've never owned the game before even though I re-bought it when Mojang switched over to Microsoft....
  6. It’s making me buy Minecraft again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It’s making me buy Minecraft again: I bought Minecraft last year and took a long break from it and I came back today and it’s not letting me play and it says I have to buy it again. I had both bedrock and Java edition and neither work...
  7. It’s making me buy Minecraft again

It’s making me buy Minecraft again: I bought Minecraft last year and took a long break from it and I came back today and it’s not letting me play and it says I have to buy it again. I had both bedrock and Java edition and neither work...
  8. My purchased games need me to buy again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My purchased games need me to buy again: In 2018 i had a laptop and bought minecraft Bedrock on it for 20 dollars. That computer had issues and fixing it would be more than it was worth. In the last few days i finished my PC build and wanted to re-install minecraft bedrock on my pc but when i went to the store it...
  9. Are you buying me a new gaming rig???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are you buying me a new gaming rig???: So now my computer wont even let me to my bios screen, it had an error from your store and i restarted, it loaded windows, then i went into a game, it crashed, restart and now i cannot even access my bio. There were all sorts of error since your 2004 update. My computer I am...
  10. Buying again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying again: Almost a year ago, I bought Minecraft on a mobile device, now I want to download it onto a laptop, it says I need to buy it again... How do I fix this? Do I need to buy it again? also is login live and a Minecraft account the same?...