Windows 10: Migration to a new computer

Discus and support Migration to a new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 OS on my current computer. I bought a new computer with Windows 10 installed. I want to migrate files/apps/programs from the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wals4, Nov 28, 2018.

1. wals4 Win User

Migration to a new computer

I have a Windows 10 OS on my current computer. I bought a new computer with Windows 10 installed. I want to migrate files/apps/programs from the old computer to the new one in the simplest way possible without investing in any transfer software. Many of my files/documents are on OneDrive so I shouldn't have to worry about migration with them, right? Last time I used a machine to machine transfer through a UBS connection that worked pretty well. That was 5 years ago --- anything new under the sun? Thanks

:)

wals4, Nov 28, 2018
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Migrating to new computer

you can plug in the hard drive to the new computer instead of wasting time & lifespan of flash memory

EDIT: my reply was too late

a hundred favorites is nothing... try thousands & thousands on multiple browsers & OSs

i'd rather not 'migrate' programs (well, maybe some of their settings), best to reinstall each

kn00tcn, Nov 28, 2018
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Migration from old computer to new computer

The migrator I recommended transfers absolutely everything. All your programs, files, and applications. You will have to take out the Hard drive and re-insert it into the new computer. I am not sure about the program you have mentioned. I would suggest
    checking reviews and the official page for extra details.

Hope this helps!

RyoTakagi, Nov 28, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

Migrating to new computer

quickest thing todo is to plug the drive into the new machine and start copying
    as for the favorites
    you can export then easily using the file menu
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the File menu, click Import and Export, and then click Next.
    • Click Export Favorites and then click Next.
    • Click Favorites and then click Next.
    • Type the name of the file that you want to export the favorites to
    • after witch you can import them into your browser of choice either IE,Edge,Chrome,Firefox

OneMoar, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Migration to a new computer - Similar Threads - Migration computer

2. How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?: I copied my complete C to an external drive, then uploaded the drive to to my new computer with Windows 11 pre-installed.When I look under This PC, I see a file 8GD3v12_TOM which is apparently an INP file?, 1022 files, 1 folder, read only.How do I open this file, pick and...
  3. How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open files that were migrated from Windows 8 to new computer with Windows 11?: I copied my complete C to an external drive, then uploaded the drive to to my new computer with Windows 11 pre-installed.When I look under This PC, I see a file 8GD3v12_TOM which is apparently an INP file?, 1022 files, 1 folder, read only.How do I open this file, pick and...
  4. Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version: Hello Team There are 4 servers in the client environment. Processors in 2 of these servers are AMD EPYC 7452 2.35GHz/32-core/155W. ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus server The processors in the other two servers are AMD EPYC 7543 2.8GHz 32-core 225W. ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus v2...
  5. Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version

Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version: Hello Team There are 4 servers in the client environment. Processors in 2 of these servers are AMD EPYC 7452 2.35GHz/32-core/155W. ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus server The processors in the other two servers are AMD EPYC 7543 2.8GHz 32-core 225W. ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus v2...
  6. Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version: Hello Team,We have an installation problem with live migration in the different processors at Windows Server 2019 Hyper-v One of the processor is AMD EPYC 7452 2.35GHz/32-core/155W ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus server. The other processor is AMD EPYC 7543 2.8GHz 32-core 225W...
  7. Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version

Migrate to a physical computer with a different processor version: Hello Team,We have an installation problem with live migration in the different processors at Windows Server 2019 Hyper-v One of the processor is AMD EPYC 7452 2.35GHz/32-core/155W ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus server. The other processor is AMD EPYC 7543 2.8GHz 32-core 225W...
  8. Migrated OS to SSD, now computer is running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrated OS to SSD, now computer is running extremely slow: Hi, I just migrated my OS to my SSD witch has been in my system for years now, I then completely wiped my old HDD but kept it in my computer. Now my PC is running extremely slow, I've checked task manager, I've checked bios, I'm going to try and upgrade windows to windows 11...
  9. Migrated OS to SSD, now computer is running extremely slow

Migrated OS to SSD, now computer is running extremely slow: Hi, I just migrated my OS to my SSD witch has been in my system for years now, I then completely wiped my old HDD but kept it in my computer. Now my PC is running extremely slow, I've checked task manager, I've checked bios, I'm going to try and upgrade windows to windows 11...
  10. Migrated OS to SSD, now computer is running extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new computer migration

2. windows migration to new computer