Windows 10: Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

Discus and support Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In order to migrate W7 to W10 I start the media creation tool but it stops with an error "cannot run this program on this pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JCB94, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JCB94 Win User

Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

In order to migrate W7 to W10 I start the media creation tool but it stops with an error "cannot run this program on this pc

:)

JCB94, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10

1. Migration windows 7 towards Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Migration towards

2. Can Existing Windows 11 Pro devices be migrated to Windows 11 IoT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Existing Windows 11 Pro devices be migrated to Windows 11 IoT?: We have a large network of devices with local admin accounts dedicated to a specific application. The goal is to prevent the bloatware from interrupting this application as it frequently does, as well as notices to sign into a Microsoft Online account, which we do not want to...
  3. Can Existing Windows 11 Pro devices be migrated to Windows 11 IoT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Existing Windows 11 Pro devices be migrated to Windows 11 IoT?: We have a large network of devices with local admin accounts dedicated to a specific application. The goal is to prevent the bloatware from interrupting this application as it frequently does, as well as notices to sign into a Microsoft Online account, which we do not want to...
  4. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  5. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  6. Migration from Windows Family to Windows Pro for a small Business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration from Windows Family to Windows Pro for a small Business: I am in a small business, and I have multiple Windows devices, the problem is that all of them are in a Windows Family edition, and I want to migrate them to Windows Business. I have the licenses, but I want to do it with an MDM solution or something to deploy it once for all...
  7. Migration from Windows Family to Windows Pro for a small Business

Migration from Windows Family to Windows Pro for a small Business: I am in a small business, and I have multiple Windows devices, the problem is that all of them are in a Windows Family edition, and I want to migrate them to Windows Business. I have the licenses, but I want to do it with an MDM solution or something to deploy it once for all...
  8. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  9. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  10. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...