Windows 10: Miktrotik router problem

Discus and support Miktrotik router problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hallo Have a problem with winbox to configure Miktrotik router. All the buttons in the Navigation pane are not working. is there any help. 166865 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luntha, Oct 22, 2020.

1. luntha Win User

Miktrotik router problem

Hallo

Have a problem with winbox to configure Miktrotik router. All the buttons in the Navigation pane are not working. is there any help.

:)

luntha, Oct 22, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 22, 2020
  3. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Miktrotik router problem

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Miktrotik router problem

1. Miktrotik router problem - Similar Threads - Miktrotik router problem

2. Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to centurylink router wifi: problems started after windows 10 upgrade. the system sees the wifi and shows signal strength but says secure, no internet. Wifi trouble shooting says no valid ip configuration. we have checked all settings to make sure we match. have also tried all suggested fixes posted on...
  3. Router Ethernet Port problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  4. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  5. Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem: I installed the OpenWRT firmware on my netgear wndr4700 router to see what I could get out of it; I decided to go back to the default netgear firmware, so I tried to follow the instructions here, but its been giving me problems first off, I open the ipv4 settings on my...
  6. Sky router and wi fi problems.

Sky router and wi fi problems.: I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet. I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working...
  7. 'restricted' router problem

'restricted' router problem: Problem--everytime I get a new comp , I forget that I had somehow set the last comp as the 'main controller'-'master' or 'parent' to control access to my router making it impossible to get to my routers standard network based page- using 192.168.2.1 , without pushing that pin...
  8. Router problem

Router problem: I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I want to connect devices to the WiFi, I don't use the PC but if I disconnect the hardwire from the PC that hooks to router I...
  9. Suspected router problem

Suspected router problem: Hello, I noticed that when I reset my Verizon router and do a restart, my computer works like brand new. Then after visiting some websites or a day later, it takes to much time to make a connection or when I go to links on the same page. I also noticed that if I single...
  10. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...