Windows 10: Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

Discus and support Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hello10, Nov 10, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

"Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates!

Windows 10’s October 2018 Update had quite a few important bugs that needed fixing, even after the original file deletion bug..."

Source: Millions of PCs Running Windows 10’s October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

:)

hello10, Nov 10, 2018

2. I never received the update KB3093266 windows 10 patch for the 'start menu and Cortana aren't working, critical error'

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving the error "Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given by
    Ravinath P
    in the below link and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Also you can run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 10, 2018
  3. CuFc 1960 Win User
    Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

Hi

I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have these 3 `new` icons on top left of desktop...exted..pinned tiles..all apps...I never saw this before and it`s not on any of my other Win 10 pc`s (none of which have the issues described) Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

CuFc 1960, Nov 10, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes - Similar Threads - Millions PCs Running

2. Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support

in Windows 10 News
    Millions of PCs still run Windows 7, one year after Microsoft ended support: Windows 7 reached its end of support period in January, but its market share numbers did not drop significantly over the last eleven months as users rejected Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer. Windows 7 was first released in 2009 and Microsoft pulled mainstream...
  3. I haven’t received game pass to Spotify

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I haven’t received game pass to Spotify: I have bought the Ultimate Gamepass. It was several days ago but I haven’t received a code. Please help me with this issue Thank you Grazyna G. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-havent-received-game-pass-to-spotify/d133b558-6222-470c-a7c2-7d447421858a"
  4. one million useless process running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    one million useless process running: why am i the only one that see an issue with an endless list of windows services running nonstop 24/7 using all my CPU to the point I can not even use the computer. How does one become an MVP and fail to see this huge issue with windows 10. Nonstop useless services running....
  5. Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still have not received October update (1809). Is that normal?: Hello! I have a new Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled. I have installed all updates, and the last installed update is version 1803. System still shows that it is up-to-date. I know that on some devices, version 1809 should have appear later than on others, but...
  6. Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October update temporarily blocked on PCs with incompatible iCloud: Microsoft is promising to be more transparent about issues in Windows 10 and the company is updating its support document whenever a new issue in Windows 10 October 2018 Update is discovered. Microsoft recently blocked the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on old AMD PCs and it...
  7. Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Millions of PCs Running October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes: "Microsoft has spent that last month frantically fixing bugs in Windows 10’s October 2018 Update. But, if you’re one of the millions of people who installed the update when it was available, you haven’t actually been getting those bug-fix updates! Windows 10’s October 2018...
  8. 600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    600 Millions PCs Waiting for Windows 10: Windows 10 is still in development at Microsoft, but Redmond’s partners claim that interest in new PCs has increased lately, especially after the software giant released the very first Windows 10 Technical Preview for testers. What’s more, millions of PCs are waiting right...
  9. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...
  10. Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already: We already knew Windows 10 was going to be popular. So much so that Microsoft reportedly purchased as much as 40 Tbps of bandwidth from content delivery networks (CDNs). The company was already hitting 10Tbps on July 28, when the update was only available to Insiders. Now, it...