Windows 10: Minecraft access for a child

Discus and support Minecraft access for a child in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to allow my son to play minecraft but I keep getting errors that he's too young for it. Googling makes me think that as the custodian to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NicoleMensch, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Minecraft access for a child

I would like to allow my son to play minecraft but I keep getting errors that he's too young for it. Googling makes me think that as the custodian to his account I should be able to give him permissions but I cannot figure out how. He will be playing the Windows 10 version on a PC not Xbox. Can someone please give me a step by step of where I find the settings to give him permissions?

:)

NicoleMensch, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Managing child access to Minecraft

Hi

I have bought two copies of Minecraft for each of my kids. The first child seems to be setup under my profile and can link with friends and join servers etc the second older child has her own microsoft account and is prevented from linking to friends or
    servers - I cannot find away to allow her access - please can someone assist!

Many thanks - David

ddmburrows, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Minecraft access for a child

Minecraft Servers- child?

Hi,

A Parent account can manage or control the Child account's privacy and online safety settings online. To change or remove the restrictions on your child's profile, you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Xbox account settings page
    • Select the gamertag of the child account which you want to edit.
    • Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • Save your settings.

Make sure that the restrictions are also removed from the
    Microsoft Family page

• Sign in to your account and look for the child account's email address.
    • Click on Content restrictions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft access for a child

1. Minecraft access for a child - Similar Threads - Minecraft access child

2. Add Minecraft to child's account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Minecraft to child's account on PC: Hi everyone,I've created a separate Windows profile for our son, who, while aiming to be the best Minecrafter possible, downloaded auto-clickers, hack clients...and probably lots of hidden malware too, as it was all open source stuff.Anyway, we got the pc reset to factory...
  3. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...
  4. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...
  5. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Managing child access to Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managing child access to Minecraft: Hi I have bought two copies of Minecraft for each of my kids. The first child seems to be setup under my profile and can link with friends and join servers etc the second older child has her own microsoft account and is prevented from linking to friends or servers - I...
  7. Minecraft marketplace purchase for child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft marketplace purchase for child: Hi, My child wants to but a minecraft world on marketplace. I added money to her microsoft account for the purchase in Nz$ as we line in NZ. I approved her request to purchase, and it asks me to credit her account. First of all I clicked no, as she already has credit....
  8. Want multiple child users to have access to purchased Minecraft Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want multiple child users to have access to purchased Minecraft Windows 10: A while back I purchased MineCraft for my kids. I currently have them under their own family user profiles, but can't seem to give them access to the app. Any thoughts? TIA...
  9. Minecraft for child account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft for child account: I cannot figure out how to let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that...
  10. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...