Windows 10: Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update.

Discus and support Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing minecraft on my laptop for a while now and it has been working perfectly. But then I am asked to update my laptop windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jameson471, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update.

I have been playing minecraft on my laptop for a while now and it has been working perfectly. But then I am asked to update my laptop windows 10 home versionfor new updates. so i do it and then i cannot open many different programs anymore. I cannot open minecraft, netflix, skype and some other things. i can still open steam, blizzard and other things though. Whenever i press on the app, a white bar appears under the app and it doesnt open. I try to open again and it doesnt work. I cannot open the app at all. I then tried to delete it, but i have an error code 0x80073d23 and i cannot delete it. I also tried reinstalling it from Microsoft but it says i already have it working fine. I have tried many different youtube tutorials to try and fix my problem but it doesnt work.

Please help

:)

jameson471, Aug 16, 2019

2. Unable to open Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using Minecraft app downloaded from Store or Minecraft program?
    • Do you receive any error?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft and check if that fixes the issue.

Also try to download and install the display and chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Minecraft win10 edition auto update

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below, to disable automatic updates for Minecraft.

Steps:-

1. On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
    2. Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      NO.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update.

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update.

1. Minecraft and some other programs will not open after a Widows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Minecraft programs open

2. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  3. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs just wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blank screen with little dots running across the top. After that I...
  4. Cant open most programs on Widows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant open most programs on Widows 10: Hello,Today I started getting issues while trying to open programs on Windows 10. It started with chrome and now most programs jsut wont launch.I tried checking the Windows update but its stuck and shows a blacnk screen with little dots running across the top. After thta I...
  5. Why are Programs and Folders opening randomly on my Widows 10 computer?

Why are Programs and Folders opening randomly on my Widows 10 computer?: I have an HP Touch Screen All in One computer with Windows 10. I performed a clean install and since then Programs and Folders are opening randomly by themselves. I have Windows Security turned on and I use PC Matic. I have the had the same set up for a few years before the...
  6. Some programs are not opening

Some programs are not opening: Some programs such as the task manager or Google Chrome refuse to open under any circumstance. Task manager can be opened but i have to press the windows key then type task manager and run it as admin from there. Google chrome stopped working completely and i uninstalled it...
  7. Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update: Have Windows 10 build 1803. Installed the updates that were released yesterday. Since then some of my programs are not opening, the cursor spins for a couple seconds then nothing. Did sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files. Those were fixed, but the problem persists. I...
  8. some program not open after update win 10 pro 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    some program not open after update win 10 pro 1903: like title , adobe reader, httpdebugger pro, GeForce Experience not work . cant open program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-program-not-open-after-update-win-10-pro-1903/e76fb457-d5f9-4aed-985c-c99a63d193bc
  9. After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared

After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared: I have an issue with Windows 10 update. The problem is in disappearing software that I have installed on my system before. My laptop is completely new, I bought it a few days ago. I installed several programs and started to update Windows. Imagine my shock when I didn’t find...
  10. Minecraft Widows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Widows 10 edition: Hello community recently one of my minecraft saves completely reset and i was wondering if it was possible to revert to a past save somehow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minecraft-widows-10-edition/a2fbc448-6d03-4674-9b1f-4ebb4bd555d5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80073d23

2. windows 10 error code 0x80073d23