Windows 10: Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

Discus and support Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by UpstateNYRC, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and re-adding him to the family safety account. This is a huge problem and I really need to know how to reinstate the time limits!

:)

UpstateNYRC, Oct 26, 2021

2. Blocking Minecraft through Family Safety

How do I block and unblock Minecraft through Family Safety? I am running Windows 10. When I ran Windows 8.1 before MS "upgraded" Family Safety just before the launch of Windows 10, I could go into the "Apps" page of Family Safety and easily block and unblock
    Minecraft. Ever since MS "upgraded" Family Safety just before (and presumably in preparation for) the release of Windows 10, Minecraft does not show up as an App that can be blocked.

Based on another post, I've blocked Java Runtime, but that does not block Minecraft on my machines.

This is a critical issue, at least for my family. Please help.

ConorFarley, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Family Safety App Blocking Not Working

Hi Mike,

Let's make sure that the apps you mentioned are properly blocked to ensure that your kids will not be able to access it. To do that , follow the steps below:

• Click App, games & media.
    • Toggle on the Block inappropriate apps and games option.
    • Under Limit apps, games, and media from Store, click the drop-down list to adjust the restriction.
    • In the Blocked apps & games list, check if Google Chrome is included.

Let us know if your child is still able to do some search even though it's already blocked so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

Is there a way to block a child on Family Safety from downloading apps

Good day,

I have the problem of having all the websites that I don't want my child to access (including Youtube) blocked on Family Safety, but then the child can just download another browser (other than MS Edge) from the MS Store on his Windows Mobile cellphone and
    still access the websites.

Is there a way I can block his phone from downloading any apps? I know that there is a setting on Family Safety, where you can set the age of your child, where it then only allows age-related apps for download. All the browsers available on the store however
    still download even with a specified age of 3 (Family Safety's lowest age setting). Can't you update Family Safety with another option of blocking any apps for download?

I would like to reset/reinstall windows on my child's phone, download and install the apps that he would need, block all websites I don't want him to have access to (on Family Safety) and then basically block the phone (ito being able to download any more
    apps). An alternative could probably be to have the account locked (by performing many login attempts with an incorrect password and after reinstallation). With a locked account he would probably not be able to use the Store to download apps? Would all other
    functionalities on the phone still work though, with a locked-out account? Therefore it would be preferable that MS updates their Family Safety feature with the option to block the usage of the MS Store on a child's account.

Thank You & Regards

Garibaldi_472, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

1. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it - Similar Threads - Minecraft app blocked

2. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  3. Family Safety Child is not an Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Child is not an Administrator: I have entered a child's account in Family Safety. The account on the PC is a standard user! But when I click on the child in the Familiy Safety admin console, I get the message: "Child is set as administrator to PCNAME, therefore certain Family Safety features will not...
  4. remove a child in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  5. remove a child in family safety

remove a child in family safety: I can't remove my child from the family safety in Microsoft.The e-mailadress from my child is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** e-mailadres is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** am not aloud to remove Evian, I do not understand why.Can you help me?Greets,...
  6. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  7. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey: I've blocked the "Family Safety" app on my teenager's phone to prevent him from opening the app and turning off the "activity reporting" feature.This worked at the time. Then he went out of state and came back and I tested it when he got back. The only app I have blocked, he...
  8. Child can access apps that I've blocked in Family Saftey

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...
  10. Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it

Minecraft app is blocked in Family Safety but child can still access it: I used to be able to set time limits for my child's use of the Minecraft app, but now the time limits are not working, and even if I block the app, he still can use it without a problem. I have already tried recommended fixes including verifying his account and removing and...