Windows 10: Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a secondary PC that i don't really use for much, so i decided to turn it into a Minecraft server. I downloaded the Bedrock Edition Server and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TigerManGaming, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

I have a secondary PC that i don't really use for much, so i decided to turn it into a Minecraft server. I downloaded the Bedrock Edition Server and set everything up (including port forwarding). I can join and leave the world just fine, but for some reason the status of the server is always 'Locating server' with a red circle in the main menu. Why is this happening? Is there any way to fix it? Maybe i just havent left the server running for long enough?

:)

TigerManGaming, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Quique_ Win User

Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.

I downloaded minecraft bedrock server and extracted it, then i followed the tutorial in "how to install.pdf" all seems ok but when i want to join my world throught lan tab it appears, but when i join it freezes at "Locating server" Generating world.

I dont know what to do pls help. Images here. (the 2nd image(minecraft screen) isnt "freezed" at all, i see movements, but loading still unfilled)

Quique_, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Minecraft Bedrock edition

Hey there, cRz EmraldDrift

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

I have just done a search on Minecraft Bedrock edition and could not find it. Are you sure it was Minecraft Bedrock edition, and not another edition of Minecraft?

I have also looked on your Xbox profile and found that you do not have Minecraft Bedrock Edition in the games you have played. You seem to have the following: Minecraft, Minecraft Xbox One Edition, and Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.

Please can you check to make sure it shows under My purchases on https://account.microsoft.com

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Dec 7, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

1. Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix? - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Server

2. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I have two drives. I downloaded on the D drive Can you stell me the location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/708f081c-369f-4b9a-99ab-fa5787b6f549
  3. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I have two drives. I downloaded on the D drive Can you stell me the location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/708f081c-369f-4b9a-99ab-fa5787b6f549
  4. How to fix minecraft bedrock unable to locate game files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix minecraft bedrock unable to locate game files: I install Minecraft for Windows. However, as pictured in the attachments, the ability to choose an install path for it is not possible. The install process seems to progress fine, but pressing play will open the game for a split second before closing, with the error Unable to...
  5. How to fix minecraft bedrock unable to locate game files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix minecraft bedrock unable to locate game files: I install Minecraft for Windows. However, as pictured in the attachments, the ability to choose an install path for it is not possible. The install process seems to progress fine, but pressing play will open the game for a split second before closing, with the error Unable to...
  6. Bedrock Minecraft not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bedrock Minecraft not showing up: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition around eight months ago. I played it for a few months, then stopped playing for a while. Around three months ago I completely reset my PC and after redownloading the Xbox app and going to the Microsoft Store to redownload windows...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server: I am unable to connect to my own dedicated server. I also put on the UWP loopback and was still unable to connect to my world. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-dedicated-server/10a25b99-6fe3-4b99-83c0-3d54e862755a
  8. Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine: My daughter and I have been playing Minecraft at home for awhile now. We both have the PC Bedrock version. We've been playing in a world with no issues, but now all of a sudden, I cannot get into the world. It is hosted on her computer, and she can get in just fine. I...
  9. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I downloaded minecraft windows 10 edition off of the microsoft store and i cant find the files for minecraft itself, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/52c7b1c4-debe-446e-afb8-10eb2dcac196
  10. Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.: I downloaded minecraft bedrock server and extracted it, then i followed the tutorial in "how to install.pdf" all seems ok but when i want to join my world throught lan tab it appears, but when i join it freezes at "Locating server" Generating world. I dont know what to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft bedrock server locating server

2. minecraft locating server fix

3. minecraft bedrock locating server

4. bedrock server red dot arma,
  5. minecraft ps4 locating server bug,
  6. minecraft locating server,
  7. bedrock server locating server but functions,
  8. bedrock server always says locating server,
  9. minecraft ps4 locating server stuck,
  10. minecraft bedrock server shows finding server,
  11. minecraftps4locatingserver,