Windows 10: Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP!

Discus and support Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son has a tablet and I purchased Minecraft a while ago for that. I set him up with the account, and because he doesn't have his own email, etc too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KreRus, May 15, 2020.

1. KreRus Win User

Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP!

My son has a tablet and I purchased Minecraft a while ago for that. I set him up with the account, and because he doesn't have his own email, etc too young it's my Microsoft account. I just purchased the gam for my PC, because my son would like me to play with him. I had NO IDEA that it would only let me sign in to his account. I tried adding a "family member" user to my PC, but that obviously isn't working. What can I do? I would not have spent the $30 had I known I could not create an account. I'm so frustrated.

:)

KreRus, May 15, 2020

2. Child's account monitoring no logs

Hi Rona,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to remove the PC associated to the child via the Family Safety website to re-establish the connection by following these steps:

1. Login to

Family Safety website

2. Go to the child's
    Edit settings

3. Look for the computer associated to the child account at the lower portion, click
    Remove at the right side of the computer.

4. Go to Windows 8 Family Safety control panel, turn on Family Safety for the child account.

5. Switch user and then log in using the child account at the PC.

6. Try to do some activities on the child account such as web browsing, etc. (at least 5 minutes).

7. Log out from the child account then log in using the parent account. Verify if the activities are reflected in the Activity reports of the Family Safety website.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Monitor your child's device use with activity reports.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/monitor-child-pc-activity

Check if it resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 15, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, May 15, 2020
  4. Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP!

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP!

1. Minecraft bought on PC attached to same account as my child's log in on his tablet. HELP! - Similar Threads - Minecraft bought attached

2. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  3. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son can't log into his account.: So we can't log into my sons account, and I can't recover it.Someone hacked it, and now when we go to log in, we get the code in our email, then it gives us two different bogus "aliases" that are partially hidden. And then it just doesn't let us do anything.Why can't we...
  4. My son can't log into his account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Add Minecraft to child's account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Minecraft to child's account on PC: Hi everyone,I've created a separate Windows profile for our son, who, while aiming to be the best Minecrafter possible, downloaded auto-clickers, hack clients...and probably lots of hidden malware too, as it was all open source stuff.Anyway, we got the pc reset to factory...
  6. Add Minecraft to child's account on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Minecraft to child's account on PC: Hi everyone,I've created a separate Windows profile for our son, who, while aiming to be the best Minecrafter possible, downloaded auto-clickers, hack clients...and probably lots of hidden malware too, as it was all open source stuff.Anyway, we got the pc reset to factory...
  7. Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brother logged his email account on Xbox app and now my pc’s account is under his email: So, I have been using my pc for over a year now. I have logged onto everything with my email, let’s call it k@, from the Xbox companion app to the mail app, everything Microsoft related. I log out of my Xbox companion app to let my brother for once go one and talk to his...
  8. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  9. Minecraft for child account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft for child account: I cannot figure out how to let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that...
  10. My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend bought the "Minecraft" from Microsoft store on his PC not the "Minecraft Windows...: So my friend just accidentally bought the edition on the microsoft store titled "Minecraft" does this not allow him to play on both pc and xbox because when he tries to download the "Minecraft" one it only prompts him to install on his xbox one not allow him to install it on...