Windows 10: MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew

Discus and support MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought MINECRAFT WINDOWS 10 from the Microsoft Windows Store when my nephew was young. It was installed on a PC we set up for him in the living... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CaliforniaCarlos, Aug 7, 2020.

1. MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew

I bought MINECRAFT WINDOWS 10 from the Microsoft Windows Store when my nephew was young. It was installed on a PC we set up for him in the living room. I have NEVER played the game, I bought it just for him. I did not use that PC for myself so there were no issues.

Now he is older and we have a newer more powerful computer to share. We set up accounts for him and me on the new computer. But I have sensitive business data and I do not want him to have access to my files. HOWEVER, he can only play Minecraft when logged into my account. We use Parental Control on his account. But short of shelling out another $30 dollars we also have Minecraft on an xBox 360 and own a copy from Majong, I can't find a way for him to use the game I purchased strictly for him to use and still protect my data.

HELP.

:)

CaliforniaCarlos, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Rolator Win User

Transfering game ownership.

Hi,

I purchased the game Minecraft through the Microsoft Store using my Microsoft account.

Is it possible to transfer the ownership on this game to one of my children (who also has a Microsoft account, and a user on our family PC), either through a gift code or something similar?

Best,

Rolator, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Aug 7, 2020
  4. MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew

Transferring Ownership of Desktop to a Family Member

Hey! Thanks for replying!

• The account on the desktop being transferred to my mom is a Microsoft Account, I also use it on my current laptop.
    • I purchased MS Office 2010 for her, she said she should have the disc/product key but will look today.
    • I wish to transfer ownership of MS Office 2013 currently on the desktop, I've upgraded to MS Office 2016 on my laptop.
    • One of the main reasons I'm handing this down is the condition of her computer and that my gifted computer has been sitting for about six to eight months. It may have been longer but ... Should I update Windows prior to transferring ownership?
    Thank you for your time and efforts!

MR

MRileyDE302, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew

1. MINECRAFT - can I transfer ownership to my nephew - Similar Threads - MINECRAFT transfer ownership

2. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  3. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  4. Transfering ownership of whiteboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering ownership of whiteboards: Hello,I'm looking for a way to transfer my whiteboards from one account to another. They are both personal accounts. Let me know what my options are,Thanks!...
  5. Transfering ownership of whiteboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering ownership of whiteboards: Hello,I'm looking for a way to transfer my whiteboards from one account to another. They are both personal accounts. Let me know what my options are,Thanks!...
  6. transfer computer ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    transfer computer ownership: I have given my laptop computer to my daughter. How can I give her all the authority, rights, powers to use all of the functions without having to go to my passwords or my account? Thank you vincent...
  7. What are advance parental control can i set up for my nephews computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What are advance parental control can i set up for my nephews computer: Hello I have two nephew where i decided to buy them each a computer build. This is for them to earn something online and little bit of entertainment. The problem though is one of them has a gaming addiction serious one, this might result in him to just keep playing not work...
  8. Giving away my PC to a nephew

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Giving away my PC to a nephew: I have this old Dell I am shipping to my nephew soon. I'm getting rid of it because of the upgrade hassles and I already have a newer one that updates fine. The problem that caused me to want to get rid of it is because every time Windows releases a new version number it...
  9. Transfer of Windows / Office Ownership

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Windows / Office Ownership: I purchased a laptop computer from another individual earlier this year. The laptop has a registered copy of Windows 10 Pro and the Microsoft Office Suite. When I purchased the laptop, it was the understanding that I was purchasing the laptop along with the OS and Office...
  10. how can I transfer Minecraft to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I transfer Minecraft to Windows 10: I have an Xbox 360 and I bought and downloaded Minecraft how can I transfer Minecraft to Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minecraft/3be80451-77ea-4dc5-8234-4ba955bd5a5f