Windows 10: Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle

Discus and support Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ive been having an issue with minecraft causing my entire system to crash. after about 5 minutes of playing my fans will kick into high gear and a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by weyherman, Feb 23, 2020.

1. weyherman Win User

Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle

ive been having an issue with minecraft causing my entire system to crash. after about 5 minutes of playing my fans will kick into high gear and a few seconds later my pc power cycles. I never see a blue screen, and the pc just starts itself like normal after i hit the power button again. I have updated every driver on my pc including, graphics drivers, display drivers, and audio drivers so i dont think its a driver issue.

once i had my pc crash and it was unable to recover, i had to seek assistance from a microsoft live chat and was eventually able to recover my pc. the person who helped me said that minecraft was "accessing files it should not be able to"

the strangest thing about this issue is ive had this pc for about 4 years and i have installed and played minecraft before with no issues. this has only become a problem after ive reinstalled it recently.

if theres anything i can do to fix this issue please let me know i just wanna know what is happening.

:)

weyherman, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Feb 23, 2020
  3. I THINK MY PC RESET IS FROZEN?

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Power cycle your device. Here are the steps:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Remove all the attached cables for 2 minutes then put them back on.
    If the same thing happens, we suggest that you perform the reset again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle

win 10 starts normally then after minutes begins to cycle the desktop

Completed all steps. Checker tool found no problems. The DNS flush was completed.

Machine still cycles the desktop and doesn't allow any programs to run.

Since it does not cycle in safe mode, that suggests some background program is the problem. What program would cause a repeated resetting of the desktop?

Suggestions?

TedHammack, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle

1. Minecraft causes my pc to power cycle - Similar Threads - Minecraft causes power

2. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  3. What is causing my PC to power off/crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing my PC to power off/crash?: So I've just built a PC and I am trying to play Starfield. However, a few mins in and my PC keeps turning off. I've gone into the reliability history and found it's always the same LiveKernelEvent 124. How do I fix this?...
  4. What is causing my PC to power off/crash?

What is causing my PC to power off/crash?: So I've just built a PC and I am trying to play Starfield. However, a few mins in and my PC keeps turning off. I've gone into the reliability history and found it's always the same LiveKernelEvent 124. How do I fix this?...
  5. Power to my pc's RBG Fans and usb's keep cycling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power to my pc's RBG Fans and usb's keep cycling: Whilst playing games occasionally the game will crash during something intense and all the rgbs on my pc fans etc and the usb ports keyboard, mouse and headset all cycle power. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and ram. Ever since, iv been getting this error....
  6. Power to my pc's RBG Fans and usb's keep cycling

Power to my pc's RBG Fans and usb's keep cycling: Whilst playing games occasionally the game will crash during something intense and all the rgbs on my pc fans etc and the usb ports keyboard, mouse and headset all cycle power. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and ram. Ever since, iv been getting this error....
  7. PC entered power Cycling after game couldn't close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC entered power Cycling after game couldn't close: I was playing Roblox and wanted to play a different game when all of a sudden the game wouldn't close. I tried to close Roblox from task manager and it didn't work. I couldn't go back to home screen. the PC kept flickering white and then normal and then white and then normal....
  8. PC entered power Cycling after game couldn't close

PC entered power Cycling after game couldn't close: I was playing Roblox and wanted to play a different game when all of a sudden the game wouldn't close. I tried to close Roblox from task manager and it didn't work. I couldn't go back to home screen. the PC kept flickering white and then normal and then white and then normal....
  9. PC entered power Cycling after game couldn't close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. bsod, hanging, power cycling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod, hanging, power cycling: Hey! So, today has been a rollercoaster of issues everything was fine yday Started off with a nice warming BSOD - irql not less or equal into sys service exception win32kbase.sys right after system rebooted itself. Then everything was fun for a while, until PC froze...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mc server causing power cycle