Windows 10: Minecraft Causes System Wide Audio Device Problems

Discus and support Minecraft Causes System Wide Audio Device Problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings, This seems to be caused by the latest Minecraft patch, 1.16.4. I hadn't had any trouble with 1.15, since shortly after that patch was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Throe, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Throe Win User

Minecraft Causes System Wide Audio Device Problems

Greetings,

This seems to be caused by the latest Minecraft patch, 1.16.4. I hadn't had any trouble with 1.15, since shortly after that patch was released.

The only other possibility is that the latest round of Windows updates doesn't like Minecraft for some reason... Either way, at this point, all arrows point at M$.

In any case, I can do just about whatever I want on my computer without any problems, but then as soon as I load Minecraft, multiple programs experience problems with audio device assignments.

Perhaps the most significant example, and the one I care most about, is MechWarrior Online. Normally, I'm able to switch all audio system-wide from my headset to my monitor's speakers by entering Window's sound settings and just selecting between the two devices. All other settings within my applications just point to the "default" audio device, which correctly points to the OS setting.

However, after running Minecraft 1.16 once, MechWarrior Online outputs the in-game VoIP via my headset, and all other in-game sounds via my monitor's speakers. I've checked all available audio device settings. System-wide, OS level application specific audio device settings, in-application audio device settings included. I've even gone so far as to use the OS level audio device "reset to defaults", which still has no effect on the symptom.

So far the only fix appears to be restarting Windows.

Windows 10 Professional Version 1909 Build 18363.1256

Minecraft version 1.16.4

MechWarrior Online version 1.4.234.0

Any advice?

:)

Throe, Dec 20, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Minecraft Causes System Wide Audio Device Problems - Similar Threads - Minecraft Causes System

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter: I’ve noticed that my pc will completely halt for a split second as Steam, Oculus, or the Nvidia Control Panel open. I thought this was a mouse / USB issue but the system also halts if I’m operating the cursor using the Rift S touch controllers. I now use a powered USB hub for...
  3. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter: I’ve noticed that my pc will completely halt for a split second as Steam, Oculus, or the Nvidia Control Panel open. I thought this was a mouse / USB issue but the system also halts if I’m operating the cursor using the Rift S touch controllers. I now use a powered USB hub for...
  4. Windows 10 - Nvidia drivers causing system-wide stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio enhancements causing problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio enhancements causing problem.: After a windows 10 update, my laptop suddenly lost sound. I searched online for fix and found out that Audio Enhancements cause the problem. When I turned it off, my laptop had sound again. But both sound and the record sound were way smaller and worse than it used to be. I...
  6. System-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System-wide stutter: Hello. I have had my PC for 1 1/2 years now and I have had this issue before. I don't know what causes it to start but for some reason, it decides to stutter. The fix last time was to install a fresh copy of windows, but that didn't work this time. I am very confused and...
  7. High Latency Causing Cracks and Pops in Audio and Stuttering System-wide - Screenshots Enclosed

High Latency Causing Cracks and Pops in Audio and Stuttering System-wide - Screenshots Enclosed: [IMG] Good day, I'm currently suffering from random stuttering and cracks in audio. Any audio playing when the stutters happen becomes a screech-filled mess, the mouse cursor grinds to halt, and I experience frame drops in games. I used LatencyMon to find the offenders...
  8. Is mojang really developing their own game-wide banning system for minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is mojang really developing their own game-wide banning system for minecraft?: Hi, i heard from someone that mojang js actually taking the initiative and stopping hackers both on java and bedrock by banning their mojang/microsoft/minecraft accounts if they are caught hacking by either being monitored on the servers they play, or by player reports and...
  9. System wide reminders?

System wide reminders?: Is there any software with which you can set up a reminder through a shortcut, regardless of where you are in windows? Ideally, I’d love to have one where you can use natural language. For example, "in 10 minutes remind me to call John". This is some thing I was able to do on...
  10. Does Windows 10 have a system-wide audio equalizer?

Does Windows 10 have a system-wide audio equalizer?: submitted by /u/sprite-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epv12e/does_windows_10_have_a_systemwide_audio_equalizer/