Windows 10: Minecraft continually refusing to update

Discus and support Minecraft continually refusing to update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been having issues updating the bedrock version on Windows 10. When trying to load into my realm, it notes that there is an update available.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlecFerris, May 23, 2022.

1. Minecraft continually refusing to update

I have been having issues updating the bedrock version on Windows 10. When trying to load into my realm, it notes that there is an update available. When clicking the "check in store" prompt, there is no update. I have manually searched for an update in the store, manually reset both Minecraft and the Microsoft store, and have uninstalled and reinstalled both. Each time, nothing changes. I am genuinely at wit's end as to what to do here. It really shouldn't be this hard. Is there any way to force an update? I don't know what to do.

:)

AlecFerris, May 23, 2022
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, May 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Minecraft Console Updates

Source: Console updates continue! | Minecraft

Brink, May 23, 2022
  4. Minecraft continually refusing to update

Minecraft win10 edition auto update

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below, to disable automatic updates for Minecraft.

Steps:-

1. On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
    2. Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      NO.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Minecraft continually refusing to update

1. Minecraft continually refusing to update - Similar Threads - Minecraft continually refusing

2. Connection refused, No further information Minecraft error

in Windows 10 News
    Connection refused, No further information Minecraft error: [ATTACH]Some Minecraft users are not able to join a server. The issue is not limited to a particular server but is experienced across the board. The following is the exact error message that the victims are seeing. Failed to connect to the server...
  3. Minecraft continually refusing to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft continually refusing to update: I have been having issues updating the bedrock version on Windows 10. When trying to load into my realm, it notes that there is an update available. When clicking the "check in store" prompt, there is no update. I have manually searched for an update in the store, manually...
  4. Minecraft continually refusing to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft continually refusing to update: I have been having issues updating the bedrock version on Windows 10. When trying to load into my realm, it notes that there is an update available. When clicking the "check in store" prompt, there is no update. I have manually searched for an update in the store, manually...
  5. Game refuses to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game refuses to update: I was trying to update Minecraft for Windows 10 to the latest version, and it refuses to update. It hadn't even started updating after about 2 hours! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-refuses-to-update/b4969a1c-aeef-4862-8057-68a24d249202
  6. Minecraft refusing to work/download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft refusing to work/download: I sat down to try and play the newest Minecraft update with friends, but it kept getting stuck at 1/2 loading. After a few tries, I uninstalled it. Now Microsoft Store install button does nothing/gets stuck on 'starting download' forever. Help!!!! I've tried everything i...
  7. Windows refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows refuses to update: I've been attempting to apply the updates for Windows 10 for the last week with zero success. When I first began trying to update, the progress would stop halfway through and then blue-screen giving me the 0xc1900101 error message. Now it doesn't even show anything attempting...
  8. Minecraft code refuses to redeem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft code refuses to redeem: For whatever reason, whenever I attempt to use a minecraft gift card 35$ to obtain Minecraft for windows 10 it will tell me further instruction is needed and can be found on the card despite no other instruction being listed. I’ve tried both Mojang and the Microsoft Store, as...
  9. windows 10 REFUSES to continue deleting something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 REFUSES to continue deleting something: okay to make a long story short, i basically tried to delete something from settings and it went through the process a bit and it just randomly decided to stop...? after it just decided to bug out the cpu usage went up by like 50% which its usually always at like 4% normally...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Refuses to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft Windows 10 Refuses to Install: I recently redeemed a code for Minecraft, the windows 10 version. Upon attempting to install Minecraft to my PC I am greeted with the following message: "Installing on your devices: To download to your Xbox, it must be on or set to Instant-on, with automatic updates and...