Windows 10: Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied

Discus and support Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is so incredibly infuriating having to deal with Microsoft's BS all the time. Again and again, somehow they find a way to annoy users in new and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmirAmini2, May 28, 2020.

1. Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied

It is so incredibly infuriating having to deal with Microsoft's BS all the time. Again and again, somehow they find a way to annoy users in new and creative ways. My current problem is that I was looking for the Minecraft Dungeons exe file so I could create a shortcut for my desktop, but I can't find the folder it's installed in. I look online and find that it's in WindowsApps, a folder that for some reason is denied to the user even as the Admin. I change that and I find the folder the game is installed in; MicrosoftLovika. Why Microsoft Lovika? Anyway, I try to run the exe file first to see if it's correct but it says I don't have permission, EVEN THOUGH I gave my account FULL CONTROL over the top folder and all of its subfolders.

I can't even change the access for the exe file either. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Every other game up until this point has been transparent with where it is installing, ASKING YOU where you would like it to go, and you have FULL ACCESS TO ALL ITS FOLDERS. With MCMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :D I have NO SAY in where it goes and what I can do with it. It's such a trash move from Microsoft.

/endofrant

-----------------------

Here's a list of my other issues with Windows from what I can remember. Not part of the question but I'm going to vent my frustrations:

-For a while after an update, if I put my computer to sleep it, Windows would cease to recognize that there is WiFi installed on the motherboard. I forgot how I fixed the issue, I think I had to enable something to work while it was on low power mode, but it's baffling to me that that had to be done.

-Over the course of multiple updates Windows would change the contrast setting on both of my displays for some unknown reason. I had to reset it multiple times.

-After one update, I could not access the Windows start menu to turn off my computer. Ridiculous.

-Windows 10 has dumbed down menus too much, so many settings aren't accessible until you're 10-15 folders deep.

-All the apps that are being phased out by their new counterparts such as Film and TV, Groove, and Photo Viewer are slower and worse versions of the old ones. Films and TV app, for example, has an AWFUL contrast setting that CAN'T be changed because you CAN'T FIND any setting to do so. When you zoom in on pictures on the new Photo app, it blurs everything to an absolute mess, unlike Windows Photo Viewer which shows all the pixels properly. With every new app there are FAR LESS options and settings.

-The search function is basically useless, and Cortana needs to be removed.

-You need third-party software to be able to read APFS files.

-Windows Defender asks you THREE times for permission in removing an item, and it has no easy to locate disable function.

-Temp files are not deleted. I have to routinely delete temp files manually in order to save space on my harddrive.

-You need third-party software to control your themes and backgrounds on multiple displays. To be honest, I'm surprised there's any support at all, it's so barebones.

There's more but I don't have perfect memory.

:)

AmirAmini2, May 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Minecraft Dungeons now available on Windows, console and more

Read more:

Brink, May 28, 2020
  3. VH4
    vh4 Win User
    execute permission denied on usb external hard drive on windows 10

everytime i execute an exe file in file explorer or at command prompt in this external hard drive

it says permission denied, but when i execute with admin privilege it executes. i do not want

this. it is unsafe to execute exe file as admin. i changed owner and full control permissions

as suggested on the internet, still permission denied for regular user.

here is full details:

i got new wd 4tb external hard drive for windows 10.

i formatted it and create multiple partitions ( had to use

admin privilege in diskmgmt. )

everytime install software from internet, i am forced to login as admin. everytime execute an executable .exe file says permission denied, requires me to login as admin, which works, but i dont want to login as admin, but i want to use my current regular user
    account called z.

even when i cd into one of the partition n: i get access denied.

(note i can copy files from any of the partitions, admin privilege not required.)

i googled for solution, sent me to stackexchange sites, tried ALL

solutions. none of them worked.

i changed owner to regular user, aio\z, for partition n:

one by one changed permission for all users to full control with inheritance and

subfolders, etc, and still get access denied and permission denied.

the only permission allowed is read files. no admin required.

note i dont have problem with my internal hard drive just the external.

permissions for n: partition:

n: NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated UsersMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

BUILTIN\AdministratorsMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

BUILTIN\UsersMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

AIO\zMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

EveryoneMinecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

i just want to use my regular user, aio\z. i do not want to use admin privilege

to execute .exe files in n: or cd into n: partition.

i changed ownership of n: to aio\z and full control to everyone, aio\z, and

c:\users. why isnt it working?

4. Geethu B Win User

Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied

1. Minecraft Dungeons executable file inaccessible, permissions denied - Similar Threads - Minecraft Dungeons executable

2. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....
  3. Minecraft won't download execution policy denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft won't download execution policy denied: I was trying to download Minecraft and got an error, specifically error code 0x803F8001. I don't know why this is looked it up and found that my execution policy was denied, I tried to set it to unrestricted and got an error saying that my execution policy was denied....
  4. Minecraft dungeons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft dungeons: There was a new update for minecraft dungeons and when it had finnished i had to sigh into my Microsoft accound for playstation and it removed my original account that was lv 105...
  5. Minecraft Dungeons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Dungeons: I just bought Minecraft Dungeons from Microsoft Store for a week. But I can't start the game whenever I chose Online or Offline, the game window closed. Can I make a refund?...
  6. Minecraft Dungeons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons: Hello, I recently purchased Minecraft Dungeons for Windows 10 off of Amazon. I wasn't quiet sure how to redeem the code because I haven't downloaded many Windows 10 games in the past. I went on to the Microsoft Webstore on my computer and redemed the code through there. I now...
  7. Minecraft Dungeons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Dungeons: Today i opened the game and i saw it had local multiplayer so i tried connecting my ps 4 controler that is the only one i have and nothing happened i tried everything i can think of but it wont work please help me!...
  8. Minecraft dungeons

Minecraft dungeons: I pre-ordered minecraft dungeons and when i launch and sign in it says it can't verify that I own it. I have no idea what to do and am very frustrated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-dungeons/79f35d5b-6dab-4388-b0e9-b63471bd5387
  9. Minecraft Dungeons

Minecraft Dungeons: I've just preordered minecraft dungeons on the Microsoft store. I go to install it and it asks me to re preorder the game. The account i purchased it on is the same. The billing address is the same. I have restarted my pc help?!?...
  10. File permission denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File permission denied: I am having a problem opening a Microsoft Access database accdb file on my D: drive. It was working fine until recently when I upgraded to Windows10/Office 2016. Now all I get is : "File permission denied". Bizarrely all the other Access databases in the same folder are...