Windows 10: Minecraft for many - including foster children

Discus and support Minecraft for many - including foster children in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm wanting to have the whole family join in playing minecraft, but 2 of us do not have microsoft accounts and they are foster children that may or may... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnthonyEnnis, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Minecraft for many - including foster children

I'm wanting to have the whole family join in playing minecraft, but 2 of us do not have microsoft accounts and they are foster children that may or may not stay with us, I don't want to link my account to theirs in case they go and take their account with them. Any suggestions?

Windows10 edition would be preferable so when they get Nintendo switches for Christmas they can continue to play with us - I think that's how it works

:)

AnthonyEnnis, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Hapuku Win User
    adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Minecraft for many - including foster children

Minecraft dungeons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to login to Minecraft Dungeons on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you signing in with the same Microsoft Account, you used at the time of purchase?
    • What is the complete error message are you receiving while login?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Reset the app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Minecraft app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft for many - including foster children

1. Minecraft for many - including foster children - Similar Threads - Minecraft many including

2. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  3. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  4. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. help for children

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  6. help for children

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  7. Installing Minecraft for 2 children

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Minecraft for 2 children: Hi guys. I bought my son Minecraft Windows 10 for his birthday. His younger sister would now like to play with him too. As we bought the game already, is it possible to download it again for her account? In the 'olden days' of cd roms, you could put the game on multiple...
  8. Notification on children request

Notification on children request: HI. Sometimes children request doe not appear in the notification area, despite it arrives to my mailbox. What is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-on-children-request/44a46f77-1397-4062-8507-ea40e001ee92
  9. Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop: on many menus and screens including the desktop. I've tried the some of the options mentioned on the forum related to removing the drivers but there in not difference even after following those steps. Can anyone help me out with this. [ATTACH]...
  10. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...