Windows 10: Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone else encountering this issue or know how to fix it? I have tried: Resetting the app Uninstall and reinstalling Minecraft Updating my graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AatozB, Apr 6, 2021.

1. AatozB Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update

Anyone else encountering this issue or know how to fix it? I have tried:

• Resetting the app
    • Uninstall and reinstalling Minecraft
    • Updating my graphics drivers
    • Updating Windows it's the update that broke Minecraft
    • Rolling back the windows update can't do it as it was a major release KB5001205
    • DISM
    • SFC scan
    • Resetting winstock

:)

AatozB, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

It may or may not be related but disabling Windows Update sure is a mistake. Note yesterday's major global ransomware attack, as well as the Wannacry attack in May did NOT affect anyone who allowed Windows Update to keep Windows current.

And to that, except for dial up users, Windows downloading updates should not affect anything you are doing as it steps way into the background. How much RAM do you have? What else is running?
    Why? Minecraft Doesn't Need Java Installed Anymore; It's Time to Uninstall Java.

If me, I would uninstall ESET and run with Windows Defender and see what happens. If no change, you can always install ESET back, but frankly, I don't see any reason why.

Bill_Bright, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Crashes Instantly

I've been trying to play Minecraft Windows 10 Edition all night, but I can't. Every time I open the app, it instantly crashes before even loading the title screen. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, restarting Windows, installing updates for the
    OS, Java, and NVIDIA, and nothing works. The game still won't open no matter what I do.

I think that this issue is being caused by the recent major Windows update which I installed a few days prior to this issue occurring, as this is the first time I've tried playing the game since then.

Madmaxepic, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 Instantly Crashing after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Minecraft Instantly Crashing

2. Roblox İnstantly Crashing After Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox İnstantly Crashing After Windows 11 Update: I updated my Windows 11 and tried to open Roblox but after a few seconds Roblox crashed.I tried reinstalling roblox but it crashed againHere is the crash report:Version=1 EventType=AutoVerifierV2 EventTime=133383084451515481 ReportType=2 Consent=1...
  3. Roblox İnstantly Crashing After Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox İnstantly Crashing After Windows 11 Update: I updated my Windows 11 and tried to open Roblox but after a few seconds Roblox crashed.I tried reinstalling roblox but it crashed againHere is the crash report:Version=1 EventType=AutoVerifierV2 EventTime=133383084451515481 ReportType=2 Consent=1...
  4. windows programs instantly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows programs instantly crashing: key windows features such as back up abilities and the ability to reset my PC crash on use as well as any programs aside from a handful such as Chrome,Discord and Steam thank you for any help which you may be able to provide...
  5. Minecraft windows 10 crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft windows 10 crashes: I have tried tons of different tutorials on the internet but cant fix It right before it shows title screen the window just vanishes and I cant find it in my task manager....
  6. Minecraft for windows 10 crashing

Minecraft for windows 10 crashing: hello, im currently unable to play Minecraft from what windows store. i can get to the launcher perfectly fine but once i launch the game after 1-2 seconds game crashes. windows task manager is showing CPU usage for MC go from 20% to 100% before crashing. running a 17-8700k...
  7. Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes: Hello. So long story short, my new gaming laptop arrived this morning. First thing I did once powering up was install windows updates. It installed a long list of updates and asked to restart like normal. When it booted back up I tried to check if there were any more...
  8. Minecraft on Windows 10 crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft on Windows 10 crash: I had Minecraft on Windows 10 available through my Xbox profile, and it worked for one session. The next time I began to play, the game crashed while loading the world. After this repeating, I re-downloaded the game and the same issues occured. I ended up buying the Windows...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Crash?

Minecraft Windows 10 Crash?: Hello, I've been playing minecraft for few days right now and i got a very annoying problem. At some point my game will crash/force closed. To be specific : When i got potion/arrow poison/enchantment books on my inventory regardless of the game mode When i try to craft...
  10. Minecraft Crashing after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Crashing after Windows 10 Upgrade: All of Minecraft versions worked fine when I was using Windows 8.1 64bit. Recently, I finally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I tried launching Minecraft but it kept crashing. I tried reinstalling Java and the launcher itself but the same error occured. I am using a Sony...