Windows 10: Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I recently downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 App and every time I try to open it just a few seconds later the game will crash. I have Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ratatroz, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Ratatroz Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up

Hello. I recently downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 App and every time I try to open it just a few seconds later the game will crash. I have Java edition but I downloaded this version because none of my friends have Java and I want to play with them on bedrock and I can't even get to the loading screen before the homepage! It just flashes the red Mojang screen for maybe 5 seconds and closes. All I've tried so far is restarting my computer and that makes no change. I'm also pretty stupid with computers and I'm afraid I might mess something up if I try to uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers. I really want to play with my friends. I also checked the system requirements and my computer should be able to run the game. Please help!

:)

Ratatroz, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 3, 2020
  3. minecraft keeps crashing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while playing Minecraft on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows Version and Build installed on all the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot. Refer to the article on

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.
    Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Step 2: Set the Priority.

1. Launch Minecraft game in Clean boot status.
    2. Now press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key from the keyboard to open Task manager.
    3. Go to Details tab and right click on the Minecraft.exe, java.exe or javaw.exe program one by one and click on Set Priority. Select High from the context menu.

Step 3: Increase Virtual Memory

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    2. Type control panel and click Ok. Now click on System icon.
    3. Click on the Advanced system settings link on the left side in
      System
    4. In the Advanced tab, click on the Settings button in the
      Performance section
    5. In the Advanced tab, click on the Change button in the
      Virtual memory section
    6. Uncheck the box beside Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
    7. Select a drive you want to either set a custom size or add a paging file.
    8. Select the radio button beside Custom size.
    9. Enter the Maximum size you want in MB (1024 MB = 1 GB) for the paging file on the selected drive.
    10. Click on the Set button. Click OK on all the Window.

If you still face the issue please check with the
    Minecraft Help Chat
    team for further assistance on this issue as they are the concern team, who can assist you with the redemption code issue..

Mojang Team:
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/emails/new?ref=footer

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up

Minecraft keeps crashing

Original Title: I have Minecraft but it is keep on crashing and i got the right java but it just crash so can you guys help me? Thanks Dylan LaFever

I have Minecraft but it is keep on crashing and I got the right java but it just keep on crashing so can you guys help me?

DylanLafever, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 keeps crashing just a few seconds after booting up - Similar Threads - Minecraft keeps crashing

2. Minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks - Exception 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks - Exception 0xc0000005: My minecraft keeps crashing after placing a few blocks. First the sound and animation for placing/destroying blocks stops working, then the entire game crashes.I already reinstalled the app and reset all settings to default but the problem is still there. When trying to exit...
  3. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds: Iv tried everything I have tried:Turning my anti virus offDeleting temp fileClicking the Repair and Reset buttonUninstalling and ReinstallingI tried services.mscWSreset.exe and lastly Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds: Iv tried everything I have tried:Turning my anti virus offDeleting temp fileClicking the Repair and Reset buttonUninstalling and ReinstallingI tried services.mscWSreset.exe and lastly Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  5. Roblox crashing on Windows 10 after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  7. Windows keeps freezing up every few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing up every few seconds: Built my pc a few days ago and started overclocking my CPU and ram, it was all working fine (no errors on OCCT) until a few hours ago when I noticed freezes of 5 seconds happening every so often. My first thought was to clear cmos which I did but it's still happening, does...
  8. Minecraft just keeps on crashing when I boot it up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft just keeps on crashing when I boot it up: So basically i try to see the problems and I've done the most things that im supposed to do but idk. It could be that my computer can't handle it but it seems like it can so plz if anyone can plz help me out....
  9. Newly istalled Minecraft for windows 10 keeps crashing just after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly istalled Minecraft for windows 10 keeps crashing just after start up: I've just downloaded Minecraft for windows. It seemed to start up ok first time, although I never got to actually creating a world. The first thing I tried was ordering my own Realm for my family. Half way through this process it crashed to the desktop. After that it...
  10. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...