Windows 10: Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I've got the Microsoft Store version of Minecraft for Windows 10 and so far it has managed to update versions automatically when new versions are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MoshHead247, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store

Hi. I've got the Microsoft Store version of Minecraft for Windows 10 and so far it has managed to update versions automatically when new versions are available.

For the last month or so though I have been unable to connect to other players with versions of 1.12 while I'm stuck on 1.11.4.

In the Microsoft store, I select My library -> Minecraft for Windows 10 -> Update

It goes through the expected process, but after it says "Complete" the progress bar scrolls back to the beginning at it attempts to download the update again. This process just keeps repeating.

Interestingly, the download gets to 1.40 MB, then says "Installing Minecraft for Windows 10" then after completed, does it's roll back.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game in desperation, but still get the same problem.

I noted that previously it would sometimes update while the game was loading, but it is not doing that either.

Help please!

:)

MoshHead247, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Thank you for the information. It seems that the system still detects the beta version you've first downloaded. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta to your computer, and reset the Microsoft Store app by performing
    the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Once you're done, kindly sign in your Microsoft account again to the Windows Store app and try to install Minecraft: Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store

Can't update Minecraft for Windows 10

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are unable to update your Minecraft into "Better Together Update". One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to update the game Minecraft?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Wilfred Mac, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 not updating from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Minecraft updating Microsoft

2. Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Minecraft for windows 10 from Microsoft store: I bought a code for minecraft and it worked i claimed it and i have it in my library on microsoft store but when i click on the install button nothing happens i already tried to use stuff like wsreset.exe and it didnt work...
  3. Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 a while back and now I want to install it on my computer. I uninstalled it because it stopped working and troubleshooting doesn't help. Now, when I try to install it, the "Install" button won't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Sometimes...
  4. Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Minecraft will not install on Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I am trying to install Minecraft from my Microsoft store account but get the error code - 0x803fb005. I have followed EVERY suggested way of fixing this problem from many different forums I dont seem to be alone however nothing has worked. My husband who works in IT so...
  5. Cannot Download Minecraft Windows 10 From Microsoft Store

Cannot Download Minecraft Windows 10 From Microsoft Store: [ATTACH]I wanted to try out Minecraft RTX so I enrolled in the insider program. The update for Minecraft never came so I unenrolled. It wouldn't let me play at that point so I uninstalled the app. Now when I try to reinstall it, it downloads to 1.14 or 1.84 mb and errors out....
  6. Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store: I have been trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10 onto my laptop from the Microsoft store, but it doesn't work. It says I own the game, but the install button is fade and does nothing. Whenever the mouse goes over it, it turns into a "no sign". It just doesn't do...
  7. Purchasing Minecraft from the Microsoft Store

Purchasing Minecraft from the Microsoft Store: Hi Guys, Im normally a Mac user so im in unknown territory at the moment and need some help! I paid and downloaded Minecraft for my son on his new PC this morning and it just wont install! Every time I click install on the app in my purchased tab, the tab with INSTALL on it...
  8. Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: I have just purchased the Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Collection and am unable to install it. When viewing the pack and/or the game itself from within my game library it appears as though i able able to download it how ever when I click the install button the install and...
  9. Refund of Minecraft for Window 10 from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refund of Minecraft for Window 10 from microsoft store: Today,I bought Minecraft for Window 10 from the Microsoft store. Then, I found that this version can not play with Java PC version of Minecraft. Therefore, I would like to refund Minecraft for Window 10. I hope I you can help me. Thank you....
  10. Refunding Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Refunding Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store: When I purchased this item, it said that it cannot be refunded. And I want a refund for this item, because it doesn't work. It refuses to install. I tried every possible method. I contacted the support, emailed XBOX service where I was addressed for the help, and I...