Windows 10: Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to join a realm on Minecraft. I have received an invitation from my friend who plays on XBox. I play on my PC. When I try to join the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomHerman1, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm

I am trying to join a realm on Minecraft. I have received an invitation from my friend who plays on XBox. I play on my PC. When I try to join the realm I get the following message: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." I don't know what settings need to be changed to allow this. Please help.

:)

TomHerman1, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Scoson Win User

Unable to join a Minecraft realm on childs account

Hi there,

I have an adult Microsoft account for Win10 and I have created child accounts for my daughters, also on Win 10. One daughter can accept my Minecraft realm invite and join the game fine but my other child cannot on their account. I first made sure both child
    accounts had the same permission but it didn't help. Then I set the child account to full permissions but still cannot accept invite nor join the realm. I amended permissions on the general privacy tab in "family" for my daughters account and also the Xbox
    360 and Xbox One tabs, though I understand it works on the Xbox One account primarily for Win 10 Minecraft. To be clear, this is on the Sign in to your Microsoft account page.

We can see the invite, but when clicking on it, it says:

error: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com.

If I launch the realm on my computer, my daughter can see it in the Minecraft Friend's tab under Joinable Friends. When she joins, she gets an error message saying:

Failed attempting to join realm. Please try again later. Unable to connect to realm.

Again, my other daughter can access this fine and I've tried amending every setting in both the Microsoft Family and the Xbox website setting, but no joy.

We are all on the same version of Windows 10 Minecraft and also Windows 10 plus latest updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're entirely out of ideas and things to try now.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Family

Scoson, Apr 24, 2020
  3. You15415 Win User
    Minecraft Windows 10 Joining Realms is impossible

I was recently sent an invite to join a Windows 10 minecraft realm; however, when I attempted to accept it I was told that

You cannot play online multiplayer through your Xbox Live account because of how your account is setup. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com.

When I went over to my privacy setting it was already set to able to join through Xbox live.

Additional info

I have an adult account

This is Windows 10 mine craft so no Xbox gold is needed.

I am able to join multiplayer servers and a friend's non-realm world, just not able to accept the invite

Any other question I would be happy to answer and will check back soon.

You15415, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm

Minecraft Realms Windows 10 Edition

Hi Darren,

Issues with paying the Minecraft Realms on your Windows 10 PC may occur due to a network or a server connection error. Before performing any troubleshooting steps on your PC, make sure that the Xbox Live Service is up and running on this

link

If the Xbox Live Service is up and running, you may visit
    Minecraft Realms
    and perform the suggested solutions under Troubleshooting problems with Minecraft Realms.

If you are still experiencing issues joining a friend's Realm on Minecraft, you may visit this

link
    for additional support options from Mojang Support.

Should you have any other queries, you may contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 - unable to accept friend request to join realm - Similar Threads - Minecraft unable accept

2. How to accept friend request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to accept friend request: How to accept friend request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-accept-friend-request/701ee880-bfcb-43c1-be9a-97111723e2a5
  3. How to accept friend request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to accept friend request: How to accept friend request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-accept-friend-request/701ee880-bfcb-43c1-be9a-97111723e2a5
  4. Unable to Join My Friend's Minecraft Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Join My Friend's Minecraft Server: For the longest time I was able to join my friend's world on their Minecraft Xbox Edition, and I'd use my Ps4 version, but all of a sudden It keeps saying "Unable to connect to world" Is there something I'm doing wrong?I tried signing in and out of my account, and they loaded...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 cannot join realms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 cannot join realms: I cannot join realms on Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and cannot find anywhere to add my parent's account so that they can enable that ability. I have clicked every link that I can find relating to this kind of problem and it just doesn't work and I end up getting stuck in a...
  6. Cant join friends on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join friends on Minecraft Windows 10: Earlier today, I was trying to play witb my friends but couldn’t because I’d either be unable to connect or get stuck locating server. I’ve redownloaded the game multiple times and signed out of my xbox too. We are all on the same version of Minecraft. I can join realms and...
  7. My friends are unable to join my minecraft worlds.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My friends are unable to join my minecraft worlds.: I play on windows 10 and my friends play on pocket edition. I can join their worlds with no problems. When they try to join my world the get the message that states they are unable to join world. I ensured my multiplayer is turned on. Does anyone else have this problem, and...
  8. cant join realm on minecraft windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant join realm on minecraft windows 10 edition: Hello everybody, I have a problem with accepting an invitation to a Minecraft Realm in the Windows 10 edition. When I click "Accept" it shows an error message saying "You cannot play online multiplayer games through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up". Now...
  9. Cant join friend on minecraft.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant join friend on minecraft.: I have been having trouble joining my friend's world in Minecraft. We are using cross platform. I am using a nintendo switch and they are using windows 10. When I try to join their world, it says "connecting to multiplayer game" but is then followed by a message saying...
  10. MC-Windows 10 Cant join friend's realm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MC-Windows 10 Cant join friend's realm: [ATTACH] My birth date is set to December 21 1997, all my settings are set to allow, what do I need to change to fix this and be able to join their game?...