Windows 10: Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The title explains it. I can't connect to any server except for the "Featured Servers". This is what it looks like before I click "Join Server" in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NovaYT, Jul 29, 2020.

1. NovaYT Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers

The title explains it. I can't connect to any server except for the "Featured Servers".

This is what it looks like before I click "Join Server" in a non-detailed view...

Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers 047b0257-35b8-4d29-a913-801de37577bc?upload=true.png

And here is what happens when I try to connect to a non-featured server.

Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers 5bae22dc-f038-4a98-aa11-9e94e6b02a07?upload=true.png

This always happens. It's not a one-off thing, and I want some help for it. Thanks.

Sincerly,

NovaYT/BIuuray

:)

NovaYT, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jul 29, 2020
  3. I can't connect to any external servers on Minecraft

Hey there, Wlinthic

Is this a public server your trying to join?

Is it a friend your trying to join?

I am running a Beta version of Minecraft Windows 10 edition (which is now Minecraft), and I can only see featured servers (Non of my friends play Minecraft), and I can't seem to see a list of other servers unless I use other sites and see if they are open.

If your entering the information in, such as server IP. Then you will need to ensure that the server address and information has been entered correctly. Otherwise it will not connect.

Can you post a screen shot of your start screen in Minecraft, please?

Regards,

Nathan R - IA, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows 10 won't let me connect to any game servers.

Hi Phoebe,

There are several possible reasons as to why you can't connect to the server in Minecraft on Windows 10. This could be due to a corrupted game file on your computer that affects you to connect to the server. Let's try to isolate the issue by performing the
    following methods below:

Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter from this link
    to fix update errors.   

Method 2: Make sure that your Firewall or anti-virus is not blocking the app. To check your firewall settings, you can refer to this
    link. 

Method 3: Reset Windows Store to clear store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Method 4: Restart your computer and reinstall the game.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested methods above.  

Ariel Acu, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 won't let me connect to any external servers - Similar Threads - Minecraft won't let

2. It won't let me update Minecraft 0x80073CFB

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It won't let me update Minecraft 0x80073CFB: For a couple of months now, it hasn't been letting me update Minecraft Bedrock. It is giving me this error code 0x80073CFB. I have looked online and nothing has worked. I have uninstalled Minecraft and re-installed it and all it did was make me lose my worlds and saved data....
  3. It won't let me download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

It won't let me download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: As the title says, I can't download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft Store, I give it a download and it stays at 0%. What is the problem?...
  4. Minecraft won't let me play!

Minecraft won't let me play!: I just bought minecraft bedrock edition on PC yesterday. I wake up to play it and it's claiming I don't own it, and it's only saying that I can use the free trial or buy it again. Here’s the error code: 0x803F8001. I really don't want to buy this game again, can someone...
  5. Minecraft for windows 10 - WON'T LET ME INSTALL

Minecraft for windows 10 - WON'T LET ME INSTALL: I just purchased the Minecraft windows 10 version and when i click install it takes me back to needing to purchase it. How do i get it installed so i can play?...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't let me reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't let me reinstall: Hi! I recently got a new machine and I wanted to reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10 and it said I didn't own the game. I received the game for free as a part of the promotion to get the game for free if you owned Minecraft: Java Edition. I uninstalled Minecraft on my original...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10, External Servers not connecting.

Minecraft for Windows 10, External Servers not connecting.: I bought Minecraft for windows 10 just a few days ago. If i try to connect to a new server or add a server it says it can't locate it. I tried restarting my computer, the router, and other internet community solutions don't seem to be working. It is only servers i try to add,...
  8. Windows 10 edition Minecraft won't let me sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition Minecraft won't let me sign in.: It says sign in for free in settings but when I click it, it pops up, asking me to buy Minecraft although I already have a microsoft account. Please help....
  9. I can't connect to any external servers on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any external servers on Minecraft: The game itself runs fine and I have no problems playing any of the recommended servers attached to the game but whenever I try to find a new server to try it won't connect....
  10. Windows 10 Store won't let me download Minecraft

Windows 10 Store won't let me download Minecraft: Hi! I just bought a new computer, and am trying to download my apps back to my computer. One of them is Minecraft, Windows 10. I can access any other app in the store, but not this one. I have already purchased it on one computer, and am trying to replace it here. When I go...