Windows 10: Minecraft installation failure in the app Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Minecraft installation failure in the app Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased "Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection" today for my kid, but couldn't get it installed on my PC. It shows that "You own this game"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Junglew, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Junglew Win User

Minecraft installation failure in the app Store in Windows 10

I purchased "Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter Collection" today for my kid, but couldn't get it installed on my PC. It shows that "You own this game" in the Store. When I click the button "Install on my devices", it let me choose the PC. However after hitting "Install", I got a message that says "Thank you!We're attempting to install on your selected devices." Waited for hours, nothing happened. Gone through the process many times, still didn't have it installed.

Second issue: there's only one device shown in the selection above, while I have another PC signed in with the same MSA in the Store but not shown in the selection. Tried signing out and signing in. Tried running the command: wsreset.exe. Nothing worked.

Does anyone know these issues and can offer some help?

Thanks!

:)

Junglew, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Thank you for the information. It seems that the system still detects the beta version you've first downloaded. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta to your computer, and reset the Microsoft Store app by performing
    the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Once you're done, kindly sign in your Microsoft account again to the Windows Store app and try to install Minecraft: Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Jun 26, 2020
  3. minecraft windows 10 not installing?

Hi Xpsychonauticon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the game doesn't get installed as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the issue specific to this game?
    3. Are you referring to Minecraft app from Windows Store?
    4. Are you able to install other apps from the Microsoft Store?
    5. Are you able to uninstall the app?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that makes any difference.

Method 1: If your answer to the Q-5 is No, then suggest you to follow the steps from this article to

fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    . Once the steps are done, remember to restart the PC.

Method 2: To uninstall the app that is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, refer to the steps from this article.

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-uninstall-reinstall-game-windows-10

Further, suggest you to ensure that the correct Microsoft account is used. To do this follow the steps provided by
    Shafeeq_Khan’ from this thread to check if that works
    for you.

Feel free to post back if you have other questions.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Minecraft installation failure in the app Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Minecraft installation failure

2. Multiple Store App install failures in Windows 11 - 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Store App install failures in Windows 11 - 0x80070490: I am recently getting many update failures for Windows Store apps, even the basic ones such as Clock, Camera, Notepad, etc. As far as I can tell this appears to be rooted in some issues with the VCLibs package.PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxlogTime ID Message---- --...
  3. Multiple Store App install failures in Windows 11 - 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Store App install failures in Windows 11 - 0x80070490: I am recently getting many update failures for Windows Store apps, even the basic ones such as Clock, Camera, Notepad, etc. As far as I can tell this appears to be rooted in some issues with the VCLibs package.PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxlogTime ID Message---- --...
  4. Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will NOT install Minecraft for Windows 10: I have tried everything. Reset the store. CMD commands. Powershell commands. I have tried it all but nothing I do seems to allow me to download via the Microsoft store. Every time I try it gets held up at the Stating Download phase and never moves past this. Is there...
  5. store installation failure

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    store installation failure: i have tried to reset the store app but it doesn't work, i uninstalled and tried to install it back using power shellAdmin it gave me errors please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-installation-failure/7d183abd-811c-45ea-826c-8bdcdc2ccceb
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Redeem Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Redeem Failure: Hello, My name is Jeremy and my account name is chillstok I have owned my java minecraft account since Jan 2012. I never use the windows 10 edition and decided to give it a try. When i went to go use my code it said it had already been used. In the past i had my account...
  7. Windows App Store Total Failure

Windows App Store Total Failure: I am running Windows 10, 1909 build that came from an upgrade, to my knowledge. After every refresh, every clean install, the app store doesn't work. AT ALL. No store, no apps, not even the calculator works. Click, button depresses, no actions in the computer or event...
  8. Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store

Installing Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store: I am stuck on the Microsoft Store when I try and download an app. Any app I try and download just says "Starting Download" and doesn't change or start a progress bar. Then, it will tell me download failed and it will try again. I tried to run "wsreset" through an...
  9. App installation failure

App installation failure: Hi Guys I am having a strange problem, in that I cannot install Malwarebytes (something I have done many times on many PC's) I have windows 10 Pro 1903 installed. I download the program - no problem I push 'go' and up comes the window with the language choice. Up comes the...
  10. Minecraft apps - Minecraft Store Item 6

Minecraft apps - Minecraft Store Item 6: tried to download 3 apps:- Alien Worlds Texture Pack Minecraft Aquatic Quest Mine Ville High School None of them have downloaded fully and since yesterday have just been sitting in the status of downloading. Please can we have some assistance in getting them to work?...