Windows 10: Minecraft java apparently installed but I can only launch the demo

Discus and support Minecraft java apparently installed but I can only launch the demo in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've had Minecraft for a couple of years now and recently purchased Java but after redeeming the code my pc still only launched the demo version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 1_POz1, Feb 13, 2021.

1. 1_POz1 Win User

Minecraft java apparently installed but I can only launch the demo

Hi,

I've had Minecraft for a couple of years now and recently purchased Java but after redeeming the code my pc still only launched the demo version of java. I then managed to get another installation code but when I entered the new code I got a message pop up saying I already owned java on this account. I'm completely confused and actually tried to log in using an old account incase I was auto logged in to that one but it says I dont even own minecraft on that account.

Two codes down and I still cant see Java so any help for a pc novice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

1_POz1, Feb 13, 2021

2. Minecraft Java

Everytime I install Minecraft the demo pops up and says to play I have to buy the full version but I have already bought Minecraft Java and I,ve tried deleting and reinstalling but it doesn't work .

Justin Harbin, Feb 13, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Trying to make Java work on Windows 10

First, go here:
    https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    and verify java is installed and working.

I.e. separate the issues of java and optifine. If that test is ok, Java should be ok. The problem is then how you handle your applications.

Optifine is (apparently) distributed as a .jar file.
    It does not appear straightforward. See below.

This: (which I found by searching for 'optifine java install') may give you another approach:
    How to Install the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft: 15 Steps

Once resolved, decide if you actually need Java installed.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2021
  4. hiphopper Win User

Java usage to high while playing minecraft/related

We have some confusion going on here.

First of all, the PC edition of Minecraft always used Java, and you will see it using CPU when you run Minecraft. This is normal, and I'm not sure why this is causing the OP to be concerned.

There is a new (Beta) version of "Minecraft for Windows 10" available in the Windows Store. Apparently Mojang converted the code from Java to C++ to run natively under Windows. When this version is running, there should be no Java running. This is not the same thing as the Minecraft PC (or Mac) edition.

If you are running "Minecraft for Windows 10" and you see Java running, it is another application on your system that is using Java. A completely different issue entirely. There are a number of desktop apps that use Java. Crashplan is one example.

hiphopper, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Minecraft java apparently installed but I can only launch the demo - Similar Threads - Minecraft java apparently

2. Minecraft Java crashing on launch Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java crashing on launch Windows 11: The game has been crashing on launch on multiple different versions of the game. Been happening for a while, I've updated my drivers, tried disabling DEP, UAC, and other various tweaks but nothing seems to work. The file is too large so I've linked it in a pastebin:...
  3. Minecraft Java crashing on launch Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java crashing on launch Windows 11: The game has been crashing on launch on multiple different versions of the game. Been happening for a while, I've updated my drivers, tried disabling DEP, UAC, and other various tweaks but nothing seems to work. The file is too large so I've linked it in a pastebin:...
  4. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

BSOD when launching Minecraft java version: The error code is Clock Watchdog Timeout.I am getting this error only from launching Minecraft Java, every other app/game seems fine.Reinstalled GPU driver and Java but still getting the same error....
  5. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when launching Minecraft java version: The error code is Clock Watchdog Timeout.I am getting this error only from launching Minecraft Java, every other app/game seems fine.Reinstalled GPU driver and Java but still getting the same error....
  6. BSOD when launching Minecraft java version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I successfully bought Minecraft: Java Edition, but I can only play demo

I successfully bought Minecraft: Java Edition, but I can only play demo: I bought Minecraft: Java Edition here on Profile page. But after the successful transaction was made, I went back to Profile page, it says that "I haven't purchased Minecraft: Java Edition". I only own 1 Microsoft account. I checked my bank's recent transactions and I was...
  8. I successfully bought Minecraft: Java Edition, but I can only play demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I successfully bought Minecraft: Java Edition, but I can only play demo: I bought Minecraft: Java Edition here on Profile page. But after the successful transaction was made, I went back to Profile page, it says that "I haven't purchased Minecraft: Java Edition". I only own 1 Microsoft account. I checked my bank's recent transactions and I was...
  9. Minecraft Java won't launch!

Minecraft Java won't launch!: It's been a month now since I've last played java edition and yet it still won't launch because my pc doesn't support Open GL and I can't find the problem even though I checked the link! Please help me fix this problem!...
  10. Problem launch Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem launch Minecraft java: when I double click on Minecraft java launcher nothing loads and I've tried everything what online has said and nothing has worked also it was perfectly fine yesterday, what should I do? [Original Title: minecraft java]...