Windows 10: Minecraft Java license question

Discus and support Minecraft Java license question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to sell my Windows 10 laptop. It has Minecraft java edition installed. Can I install it on a new laptop somehow?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Carson W., May 30, 2019.

1. Carson W. Win User

Minecraft Java license question

I want to sell my Windows 10 laptop. It has Minecraft java edition installed. Can I install it on a new laptop somehow?

:)

Carson W., May 30, 2019

2. Minecraft for Windows 10 and Minecraft Java

Hi,

We cannot use the Java version from the Windows 10 license. For better assistance on your Minecraft license, we would suggest that you contact our Xbox Billing Department directly on this

link.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, May 30, 2019
  3. Minecraft for Windows 10 and Minecraft Java

Hi

My son bought a Minecraft license for the Windows 10 version, but his friends are all running the Java version. Is there any way that he can use the Java version from his Win 10 license? We tried to install the Java version but it only wants to make us buy
    it.

Thanks

Darryl

DarrylGould, May 30, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Minecraft Java Mac

Hello DanielHepfer,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Minecraft for Windows 10 features cross-platform play with any device running Minecraft (excluding Minecraft Java Edition) and supports features which let you play in virtual reality with the Oculus Rift. Cross-platform can be
    played up to eight players across Windows 10 PCs, Android devices, iOS phones and tablets, Xbox One, and virtual reality platforms. As you will be downloading Java edition of Minecraft in Mac, you will not be able to use cross-platform feature. Minecraft Java
    Edition supports cross-platform play between MacOS, Linux and Windows. You can download Java Edition on Windows to use cross-platform feature from:
    https://launcher.mojang.com/download/Minecraft.dmg

If you face any further questions, you can contact Minecraft support forums.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java license question - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java license

2. Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java: Im having a problem where no matter how many times i reinstall minecraft or reset or repair it it just doesnt work , i use the Gamepass to play minecraft , Both java and my graphic drivers are up to date and i have tried running as administrator...
  3. java minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    java minecraft: i purchased minecraft let me download the launcher but it wont launch giving me error code 0x803F8001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-minecraft/fe0a8790-7491-49db-b670-79517252b1c5
  4. Minecraft Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java: I recently bought java edition and when i open the launcher it takes takes me to the old 1.6.93 version and not the new launcher for 1.16 and i can only play the demo and i am signed in into the same account please help...
  5. Minecraft Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java: So I recently bought Minecraft Java but it prompted me to sign in with my Microsoft account. I did what it said, I logged in and then I bought the game on minecraft.net but when I downloaded the game it told me to buy it? I am sure I did not buy Windows 10 version, and at the...
  6. Minecraft JAVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft JAVA: So me and my brother have been trying to play Minecraft lan for a long time now and when I open the world to lan i just doesn't show up on his computer but when we make world on our iMac it does show up on his computer to connect to also when i try to connect to his realm my...
  7. minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft java: Hi, I downloaded Minecraft for windows 10 thinking it was java edition. once downloaded I later found out that it was not java and cannot download java edition bc I cannot seem to figure out how to get rid of the windows 10 off of my computer. When I click on redeem code and...
  8. Minecraft Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java: Everytime I install Minecraft the demo pops up and says to play I have to buy the full version but I have already bought Minecraft Java and I,ve tried deleting and reinstalling but it doesn't work ....
  9. Convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to at minecraft java edition license

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to at minecraft java edition license: Hey i was wondering if its possible to convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to a Java edition license so i can play with my friends. Thanks in forward...
  10. MINECRAFT LICENSE QUESTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MINECRAFT LICENSE QUESTION: Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find answer. Santa bought Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store and installed it on granddaughter's new laptop. She is the only user. She already had a legit installation on another PC in her house. Can I install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Minecraft for Windows 10 features cross-platform play with any device running Minecraft (excluding Minecraft: Java Edition) and supports features which let you play in virtual reality with the Oculus Rift

2. what is a minecraft java licences?

3. minecraft java questions