Windows 10: Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

Discus and support Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Old man here trying to create a local MC Java server/client environment for my grandkids to play in the same world. Creating the server was easy, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Britown53, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Britown53 Win User

Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

Old man here trying to create a local MC Java server/client environment for my grandkids to play in the same world. Creating the server was easy, but trying to understand how to purchase the MC Java licenses for the clients is a nightmare. When doing this for child users it's my understanding that each child has to be tied to an individual MS account and email. However, I want to tie each license to a non-admin user account on each client PC. In other words, I have two PCs that will each be used by any grandkid to connect to the server. If all PCs are tied to one MS account only one child can log in to the serve at one time. Is this possible given the current MS licensing structure? Not sure why they don't make this easy to encourage family interaction!

I would appreciate any insight you can provide, as I can see other parents have the same interest.

:)

Britown53, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Adam Mac Win User
    Minecraft for Windows 10 can't connect to local server on LAN

Completed stock install of the java-based Minecraft server (version 1.13) on a Windows 10 machine #1. Forwarded ports, opened firewalls, and external "ping" sites confirm that they can see the server, and show the custom MOTD that I set up. So far so good. Port is 25565, and netstat -a -b -n confirms that only Minecraft is listening on this port.

On Windows 10 machine #2 (connected to the same network as machine #1 only via wifi) or Windows 10 machine #1 (hard-wired to network), I run Minecraft for Windows 10, log into Xbox Live, and "Add Server" using my WAN IP (not LAN IP). The server cannot be located, and if I try to connect, I get "Unable to connect to world" after a wait of about 15 seconds. How can I configure the server to allow these Win10 clients to connect? Extensive googling has been fruitless.

I also tried using "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" as the server IP in the Windows 10 clients, as well as the WAN IP.

I am out of trouble-shooting ideas, so would very much like some help - is this some kind of versioning issue? Or is there some kind of setting in server.properties that I need to change? Heeeeellpppp!!!!

EDIT:

• No whitelisting
    • I tried the server LAN IP (192.168.x.x) as well - same error
    • The Minecraft client has no issues connecting to the "featured
      servers"
    • Router is Asus RT-N66U; no network services filters, blacklists, or parental controls
    • The clients are the UWP version, from the Microsoft Store, not the
      Java versions.

Adam Mac, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

Minecraft for Windows 10 can't connect to local server on LAN

You are trying to connect a client (programmed in C+, called "Bedrock Edition") to a Java Server. this will not function.

To use a Server with official Server Software use the Java version (like you did) and a Java Client.

Currently there is no official Server software for "Minecraft for Windows 10" except Realms. There is Open Source software available but it is not made/supported by Mojang or Microsoft. Reference

Nordlys Jeger, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network

1. Minecraft Java licenses for local client /server network - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java licenses

2. Minecraft java crashes when joining server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java crashes when joining server: I am just minding my own business, when I decide I want to play Minecraft. So I open Minecraft Java and I try to log into hypixel. As soon as the world loads, my game freezes, and the only way out is control alt delete. I also tried it with other servers, but it does the same...
  3. Minecraft java crashes when joining server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft java crashes when joining server: I am just minding my own business, when I decide I want to play Minecraft. So I open Minecraft Java and I try to log into hypixel. As soon as the world loads, my game freezes, and the only way out is control alt delete. I also tried it with other servers, but it does the same...
  4. Minecraft Server World Glitched Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Server World Glitched Minecraft java: i moved the onedrive file location and for some reason my minecraft server world changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-server-world-glitched-minecraft-java/57e6a930-bbf2-4fe5-aac0-8a2ed90dea3f
  5. Minecraft Server World Glitched Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Server World Glitched Minecraft java: i moved the onedrive file location and for some reason my minecraft server world changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-server-world-glitched-minecraft-java/57e6a930-bbf2-4fe5-aac0-8a2ed90dea3f
  6. Minecraft Java servers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java servers not working: I've been trying to join my friends on servers such as Hypixel and mineplex. Even though they can get onto the server just fine, when I try to connect to the server from my server list, I get an error saying "Failed to log in: The authentication servers are currently down for...
  7. Minecraft Servers Java Edition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Servers Java Edition Not Working: I tried to join a server on minecraft java edition but it said failed to login:null I tried other servers and they just said the same thing I dont know why servers aren't working please help...
  8. Convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to at minecraft java edition license

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to at minecraft java edition license: Hey i was wondering if its possible to convert a minecraft for windows 10 license to a Java edition license so i can play with my friends. Thanks in forward...
  9. Minecraft Java license question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Minecraft Java license question: I want to sell my Windows 10 laptop. It has Minecraft java edition installed. Can I install it on a new laptop somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-license-question/5818a3b4-46d3-423c-bfe7-12bd92d2b949"
  10. Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a client computer running Windows 10 Pro to a local area network with a Server...: Hello, I have a new client computer with Windows 10 Pro and an old sever computer with Windows Server 2003 connected by a LAN cable. The server computer is in a network workgroup which I want my client computer to join. I haven’t much expertise in networks but I will put in...