Windows 10: Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set...

Discus and support Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two children with identical privacy and security settings on their Microsoft accounts trying to play the Java edition of Minecraft, but one is 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hazelstarfish, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set...

I have two children with identical privacy and security settings on their Microsoft accounts trying to play the Java edition of Minecraft, but one is 6 and one is 9. Both are set to allow apps and content for 11 and under though. So, the only possible explanation for multi-player being blocked on the 6-year-old's account and not the 9-year-old's is some arbitrary Microsoft or Mojang override based on their actual birthdays. Can someone PLEASE tell me what this is and if there's any way as the actual parent I can be allowed to decide what is best for my own children? They'd like to play together in the same world.

The specific message on the 6-year-old's Windows 10 PC is "Multi-player is blocked due to Microsoft Account settings"

Thanks

:)

hazelstarfish, Jan 2, 2021
  2. CJTT# Win User

Setting Microsoft Family app limit on Minecraft Java edition

Time spent using Minecraft Java edition doesn't show up in the list of apps used in Microsoft Family. This means you can't set an app limit on it. Minecraft launcher shows up, but it only says it has been used for 1 minute, whereas i know the game has
    been played for hours. How can parental controls be applied here? It works for Minecraft Windows 10 edition but not Java.

CJTT#, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Issue with playing multiplayer on Minecraft due to Microsoft settings.

There have been other issues raised with this exact problem, however none of them seem to address it and solve it. Here is my exact situation:

• I have Minecraft Windows 10 edition installed on my laptop.
    • My account is not a child account, its birthday set is 1/1/2000, and it is not under a family.
    • All settings on my X-Box and Microsoft account allow for multiplayer, and I am in fact logged into the proper account on my machine and Minecraft.
    When I open Minecraft, I get the following error:

Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set... 62feb764-b376-46f7-a6da-eb3812bc51f4?upload=true.png

I've triple checked my settings, and I've uninstalled/reinstalled it on my machine, but to no avail. What's the issue here?

OakendeDux, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set...

Setting internet safety

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query. Yes, you will require account with administrator access to set up restrictions on your Windows 10 PC. Content restrictions help keep kids safer on Windows 10 devices and include settings to:

• Block inappropriate apps, games & media (labeled as Access to content on console)
    • Block inappropriate websites (labeled as Web filtering on console)
    • Require kids to ask a parent before buying stuff in Microsoft Store (Ask a parent)

Refer the article on Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts
    for more information.

To set up content restriction you will have log with a Microsoft account with administrator and create a family group. I suggest you to provide administrator access to your local or standard user account.

To do that,

1. Under Settings > Accounts > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select
      Change account type.
    2. Under Account type, select Administrator
      and OK.
    3. Sign in with the new administrator account.

You can also create a new Microsoft user account with administrator access. Refer the article on
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for more information.

After providing administrator access, you will have to create a family group. Refer the articles on a

What is a Microsoft family group?
    and
    Add members to your family group for steps to add your child to the family account.
    Once you have created a family account and added your child to the family account you can set up content restrictions, Refer the following article on
    Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    for steps to set up content restriction.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set...

1. Minecraft Java Multi-player Blocked due to Microsoft Account Restrictions when settings set... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java Multi

2. Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions: I have tried multiple things by doing sfc /scannow. And a lot through the commandpromt but a have all lead to the same thing I have done a fresh install of windows 10 twice and upgraded to windows 11 from what I had before. I am unable to get the restrictions lifted from my...
  3. Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions: I have tried multiple things by doing sfc /scannow. And a lot through the commandpromt but a have all lead to the same thing I have done a fresh install of windows 10 twice and upgraded to windows 11 from what I had before. I am unable to get the restrictions lifted from my...
  4. Minecraft Java and Bedrock multi-player disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java and Bedrock multi-player disabled: Hello,How do I enable multi-player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-and-bedrock-multi-player-disabled/cdbc78dc-5e6d-4a5e-b0a8-6dbbd94a5c63
  5. Minecraft Java and Bedrock multi-player disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java and Bedrock multi-player disabled: Hello,How do I enable multi-player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-and-bedrock-multi-player-disabled/cdbc78dc-5e6d-4a5e-b0a8-6dbbd94a5c63
  6. Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to restrict some of the settings in the Settings app, without blocking use...: This may be a relatively dumb question but I'm working my first IT job and can't seem to find any solutions online for this. Our company uses group policy to completely restrict all general user access to the settings and control panel apps. This forces every general user in...
  7. Minecraft Java Edition Multiplayer restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Edition Multiplayer restrictions: My child has installed Minecraft Java on his PC but it says that multiplayer is restricted and it needs to be changed in settings, I have changed the settings in both mine and my child's account so that online multiplayer and joining groups is allowed, yet it still won't...
  8. Microsoft account settings for Minecraft PS4

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account settings for Minecraft PS4: I am trying to access to servers on Minecraft for PS4. I already logged with Microsoft Account and game asked me to go to https://aka.ms/accountsettings. To reveiw and change privacy policy. I went to aka.ms/accountsettings for privacy but do not know what and where to...
  9. Setting Microsoft Family app limit on Minecraft Java edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting Microsoft Family app limit on Minecraft Java edition: Time spent using Minecraft Java edition doesn't show up in the list of apps used in Microsoft Family. This means you can't set an app limit on it. Minecraft launcher shows up, but it only says it has been used for 1 minute, whereas i know the game has been played for hours....
  10. Restrictions in App Permissions when Setting Up Several Multi-App Kiosks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restrictions in App Permissions when Setting Up Several Multi-App Kiosks: The Setup: I am trying to configure multi-app kiosks using a provisioning package. I have developed an XML config file (based off of the sample XML files here) that defines three different profiles and assigns them to three different accounts: Kiosk1: Windows Solitaire...