Windows 10: Minecraft Java Re-installation Issue

Discus and support Minecraft Java Re-installation Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I got Minecraft java on a prepaid card for my birthday like in 2011-2012. I used to play on a laptop and it worked fine. I then got a virus on said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaNyaW, Apr 13, 2020.

1. MaNyaW Win User

Minecraft Java Re-installation Issue

So I got Minecraft java on a prepaid card for my birthday like in 2011-2012. I used to play on a laptop and it worked fine. I then got a virus on said laptop and I stopped playing on it because on the virus. This laptop was factory reset to Windows 7 a few days ago by the Toshiba recovery disk. Fast forward to now, I have a new laptop and I’m trying to re-install Minecraft, but Microsoft and Mojang say I have to buy the game, but I already bought it using the prepaid card in like 2011-2012. Is there anyway I could get my Minecraft back after all of this? I really want to play especially since we’re in quarantine for a while.

:)

MaNyaW, Apr 13, 2020

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Trying to make Java work on Windows 10

First, go here:
    Verify Java Version
    and verify java is installed and working.

I.e. separate the issues of java and optifine. If that test is ok, Java should be ok. The problem is then how you handle your applications.

Optifine is (apparently) distributed as a .jar file.
    It does not appear straightforward. See below.

This: (which I found by searching for 'optifine java install') may give you another approach:
    How to Install the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft: 15 Steps

Once resolved, decide if you actually need Java installed.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2020
  4. hiphopper Win User

Java usage to high while playing minecraft/related

We have some confusion going on here.

First of all, the PC edition of Minecraft always used Java, and you will see it using CPU when you run Minecraft. This is normal, and I'm not sure why this is causing the OP to be concerned.

There is a new (Beta) version of "Minecraft for Windows 10" available in the Windows Store. Apparently Mojang converted the code from Java to C++ to run natively under Windows. When this version is running, there should be no Java running. This is not the same thing as the Minecraft PC (or Mac) edition.

If you are running "Minecraft for Windows 10" and you see Java running, it is another application on your system that is using Java. A completely different issue entirely. There are a number of desktop apps that use Java. Crashplan is one example.

hiphopper, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java Re-installation Issue - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java installation

2. Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher: I bought the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC bundle, and tried downloading the Minecraft Launcher from the MinecraftInstaller.exe file, but accidentally clicked "No" when asked to give permissions to the installer. From then on, I always got the error code...
  3. Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Minecraft Java and Minecraft Launcher: I bought the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC bundle, and tried downloading the Minecraft Launcher from the MinecraftInstaller.exe file, but accidentally clicked "No" when asked to give permissions to the installer. From then on, I always got the error code...
  4. Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition: Whenever I launch the installer I am met with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-trying-to-install-minecraft-javabedrock/793298a1-a06e-4466-ad25-e830bcd07c8c
  5. Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue when trying to install minecraft java&bedrock edition: Whenever I launch the installer I am met with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-trying-to-install-minecraft-javabedrock/793298a1-a06e-4466-ad25-e830bcd07c8c
  6. Minecraft Java account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java account issues: I have played minecraft on every other console using my microsoft account and have had no issues whatsoever. I recently bought Minecraft Java edition for the advanced servers. I was logged into my microsoft Minecraft account and tried to play a few different popular servers...
  7. Install Minecraft Java Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Minecraft Java Edition: Can you use Minecraft Java edition on a Windows 10 device or do you have to use Windows 10? Trying to get another device so me and someone else can play together but i have Java edition right now on my mac book. Thank you. ***Original title: Minecraft***...
  8. Minecraft Re-Installation Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft Re-Installation Issue: So I got Minecraft java on a prepaid card for my birthday like in 2011-2012. I used to play on a laptop and it worked fine. I then got a virus on said laptop and I stopped playing on it because on the virus. This laptop was factory reset to Windows 7 a few days ago by the...
  9. Minecraft Java Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Login Issue: When I went on the launcher it made me log back in and it said I could only play the demo and that I hadn't paid for the game even though I have been able to play on it previously. I don't know why this happens and I want to be able to get back on my account....
  10. Minecraft re-installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft re-installation: I want to play Minecraft with my friend on the Windows 10 PC. But I have a problem because I started to install this game in April but didn’t finish and I now have a used gift code. What can I do so that not to buy the game again?...