Windows 10: Minecraft Java won't launch it says I need to pick a minecraft name on the web but I...

Discus and support Minecraft Java won't launch it says I need to pick a minecraft name on the web but I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been a pocket/bedrock player on ipad. I now have a PC and bought Minecraft Java. I installed the launcher but when trying to play it, a pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StormyJB, Jan 3, 2021.

1. StormyJB Win User

Minecraft Java won't launch it says I need to pick a minecraft name on the web but I...

I have been a pocket/bedrock player on ipad. I now have a PC and bought Minecraft Java. I installed the launcher but when trying to play it, a pop up box says "Ooops...just one more thing. Before you can play Minecraft Java Edition, it's time to get creative and pick your own minecraft name on the web, It only takes a minute!"

I click on the create profile button in the pop up box, and it then takes me to the website minecraft profile page ... where I already have a profile and a minecraft name from previously playing the pocket edition on an ipad!

What do I do?

:)

StormyJB, Jan 3, 2021
  2. bixby___ Win User

minecraft launcher won`t launch

when i launch minecraft launcer it comes up that it`s updating java runtime environment, and then it just says "Unable to update Minecraft Runtime Environment".

bixby___, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 3, 2021
  4. hiphopper Win User

Minecraft Java won't launch it says I need to pick a minecraft name on the web but I...

Java usage to high while playing minecraft/related

We have some confusion going on here.

First of all, the PC edition of Minecraft always used Java, and you will see it using CPU when you run Minecraft. This is normal, and I'm not sure why this is causing the OP to be concerned.

There is a new (Beta) version of "Minecraft for Windows 10" available in the Windows Store. Apparently Mojang converted the code from Java to C++ to run natively under Windows. When this version is running, there should be no Java running. This is not the same thing as the Minecraft PC (or Mac) edition.

If you are running "Minecraft for Windows 10" and you see Java running, it is another application on your system that is using Java. A completely different issue entirely. There are a number of desktop apps that use Java. Crashplan is one example.

hiphopper, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java won't launch it says I need to pick a minecraft name on the web but I... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java won't

2. It says I need to rebuy minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I need to rebuy minecraft?: So a long time ago I bought minecraft and played a lot, created worlds and all of that. Recently I have tried logging on again but it says "BUY NOW" even though I bought java when it was by itself and not with bedrock....
  3. It says I need to rebuy minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says I need to rebuy minecraft?: So a long time ago I bought minecraft and played a lot, created worlds and all of that. Recently I have tried logging on again but it says "BUY NOW" even though I bought java when it was by itself and not with bedrock....
  4. i got minecraft java edition but it says i dont

i got minecraft java edition but it says i dont: i bought minecraft and it took the money out of my account and but it says i dont have it and i need to buy it but it took the money out of my pay safe card?!?!?even on order history theres nothing...
  5. I Bought Minecraft Java Edition And It Says I Still Need To Buy It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Bought Minecraft Java Edition And It Says I Still Need To Buy It: I created a mojang account and logged in to buy Minecraft Java Edition online. I did that and it took me to a Minecraft Installer which took me to Minecraft Launcher. On Minecraft Launcher it says I can only access the demo because I haven’t bought the actual game which I...
  6. I Bought Minecraft Java Edition And It Says I Still Need To Buy It

I Bought Minecraft Java Edition And It Says I Still Need To Buy It: I created a mojang account and logged in to buy Minecraft Java Edition online. I did that and it took me to a Minecraft Installer which took me to Minecraft Launcher. On Minecraft Launcher it says I can only access the demo because I haven’t bought the actual game which I...
  7. I cannot create a minecraft java profile name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot create a minecraft java profile name: I purchased the Xbox gaming service today.The game asked me to set up an profile, but when I click the "that's me" button, there is no respone.Please help. Thanks....
  8. I cannot create a minecraft java profile name

I cannot create a minecraft java profile name: I purchased the Xbox gaming service today.The game asked me to set up an profile, but when I click the "that's me" button, there is no respone.Please help. Thanks....
  9. Minecraft Java won't launch!

Minecraft Java won't launch!: It's been a month now since I've last played java edition and yet it still won't launch because my pc doesn't support Open GL and I can't find the problem even though I checked the link! Please help me fix this problem!...
  10. Problem launch Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem launch Minecraft java: when I double click on Minecraft java launcher nothing loads and I've tried everything what online has said and nothing has worked also it was perfectly fine yesterday, what should I do? [Original Title: minecraft java]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i created a profile for minecraft and it does not show up on launcher