Windows 10: Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Minecraft will not launch or load, this only started happening after the latest update. A lot of fervent searching last night found nothing for fixes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChallengerDefeated, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update

Minecraft will not launch or load, this only started happening after the latest update. A lot of fervent searching last night found nothing for fixes, just other people having the same problem.

It just runs as a background process.

I have tried reinstalling it, reinstalling Java, running in various different compatibility modes only Windows XP and earlier work, everything I can think of.

Is this being worked on or is there a solution I'm missing?

:)

ChallengerDefeated, Feb 15, 2021

2. Minecraft Native launcher

Let's find out if the item is compatible with Windows 10. See
    How to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device
    for the steps.

We also recommend installing the latest updates for your PC. Refer to
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps. Try installing the updates for
    Minecraft Native Launcher after updating Windows 10.

Running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games that weren't downloaded from the Windows 10 Store. To guide you with the steps on how to run this, kindly access this

link
    and follow the steps provided.

Keep us posted with the status of your concern. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Feb 15, 2021
  3. Ziatical Win User
    Minecraft Launcher for Windows 10 PC

Hi! I discovered that there was a new update for Minecraft and when I opened it up, it should've automatically started updating, but it didn't, its stuck looking for updates and about 10 min later it said unable to update the Minecraft Native Launcher.
    I already downloaded another Launcher and repaired it, but that didn't seem to work.

Ziatical, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update

Minecraft Launcher and Windows 10

I recently bought the Windows 10 version on Minecraft, not the Java edition, and when I try to launch the game from the launcher, it says I have not purchased the game. I simply want to update my game to 1.15, since it downloaded into 1.13. There seems
    to be no way to make the launcher work, or to update my game. How can I get around these problems? Should I buy the Java edition, and refund my Windows 10 version?

JakePlayer, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update

1. Minecraft Launcher not working after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Minecraft Launcher working

2. Minecraft Launcher is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher is not working.: I was forced to get the Microsoft version of the Minecraft launcher as they decided to make sure the old one didn't work and make sure you had to change your account over to a Microsoft one. Now, it won't launch at all. I cannot open it. It doesn't matter if I click it, run...
  3. Minecraft Launcher is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher is not working.: I was forced to get the Microsoft version of the Minecraft launcher as they decided to make sure the old one didn't work and make sure you had to change your account over to a Microsoft one. Now, it won't launch at all. I cannot open it. It doesn't matter if I click it, run...
  4. Minecraft launcher isn't working

Minecraft launcher isn't working: minecraft launcher on my laptop wouldnt open so i followed advice and deleted it but now i cant reinstall it, what should i do? minecraft bedrock still opens and i can play but i cant access java. i dont really know how the system works so im stuck can anyone help? thank...
  5. Minecraft launcher isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher isn't working: minecraft launcher on my laptop wouldnt open so i followed advice and deleted it but now i cant reinstall it, what should i do? minecraft bedrock still opens and i can play but i cant access java. i dont really know how the system works so im stuck can anyone help? thank...
  6. New Minecraft Launcher not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Minecraft Launcher not working: The new Minecraft launcher does not let me sign in with Microsoft account. It says that they couldn't sign me in Xbox live, I'm not sure why but please help me to try and fix this issue.The stop code is : 0x87DD0003...
  7. New Minecraft Launcher not working

New Minecraft Launcher not working: The new Minecraft launcher does not let me sign in with Microsoft account. It says that they couldn't sign me in Xbox live, I'm not sure why but please help me to try and fix this issue.The stop code is : 0x87DD0003...
  8. Minecraft Launcher Java not working

Minecraft Launcher Java not working: I have gamepass ultimate until November 2022, I can install the Minecraft launcher but when I go on it, it won't let me play either version it will tell me to buy or get gamepass for it, if I click buy gamepass it takes me to the website and nothing happens, I try and go into...
  9. Minecraft Launcher Not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher Not working...: Okie so.. I recently purchased Minecraft Java edition for my laptop. When I go on the launcher everything is fine and smooth.. Then when I click onto Minecraft it takes a second but starts the game. However, it keeps staying on the Mojang loading page with the application...
  10. Minecraft Launcher and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher and Windows 10: I recently bought the Windows 10 version on Minecraft, not the Java edition, and when I try to launch the game from the launcher, it says I have not purchased the game. I simply want to update my game to 1.15, since it downloaded into 1.13. There seems to be no way to make...