Windows 10: minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1...

Discus and support minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the game was updated in some way which i cant understand. All i know is it was working for about a month then stopped working citing incompatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yuthimon, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Yuthimon Win User

minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1...

the game was updated in some way which i cant understand.

All i know is it was working for about a month then stopped working citing incompatible hardware.

Microsoft now refuses to refund saying i used it.

Surely i didn't buy a game just for a months use.

you guys decided to change whatever it was that was changed.

Come on Microsoft do the right thing here.

:)

Yuthimon, Aug 12, 2020

2. Minecraft Got Deleted After Clean Installating Windows 10 And Again Minecraft Purchased.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I think you did a Clean Installation of Windows 10 and Clean Installation will delete all your applications; games; and your user data such as music files, video files, pictures, documents, etc.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. From where did you purchase the Minecraft game?
    2. Have you already installed Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer?

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Oculus, then I suggest you to
    Contact the Oculus Support Team
    and they will help you with this.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 12, 2020
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Aug 12, 2020
  4. minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1...

Minecraft win10 edition auto update

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below, to disable automatic updates for Minecraft.

Steps:-

1. On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
    2. Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      NO.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1...

1. minecraft no longer works on laptop after some update. Purchased from microsoft store. 1... - Similar Threads - minecraft longer works

2. Minecraft no longer purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft no longer purchased: I've owned this game for 10+ years and have migrated my account from mojang->windows and played fine last year. I updated my email and now the launcher is demanding I buy the game again before I can play....
  3. Minecraft no longer purchased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft no longer purchased: I've owned this game for 10+ years and have migrated my account from mojang->windows and played fine last year. I updated my email and now the launcher is demanding I buy the game again before I can play....
  4. Microsoft store is not letting me download Minecraft, after purchasing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store is not letting me download Minecraft, after purchasing it.: I've been trying many different solutions and it does not work, I have contacted previous points of support but some hoe named caroline blocked me from being able to her or customer support, now I sit here and writhe in agony as I cannot download the one game to free me from...
  5. Microsoft store is not letting me download Minecraft, after purchasing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store is not letting me download Minecraft, after purchasing it.: I've been trying many different solutions and it does not work, I have contacted previous points of support but some hoe named caroline blocked me from being able to her or customer support, now I sit here and writhe in agony as I cannot download the one game to free me from...
  6. Microsoft store is not letting me download Minecraft, after purchasing it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. minecraft not opening - newly purchased from microsoft stores , on my windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft not opening - newly purchased from microsoft stores , on my windows 10 laptop: Hi I have newly purchased from Microsoft stores, downloaded and installed. Trying to open the game, click mojang popup opens, white screen pop up opens but it closes automatically game does not open Note: I have updated windows, all are upto date on my laptop,...
  8. Laptop no longer works after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop no longer works after Update: Hello, so I'm currently facing a huge issue on my laptop, which is an Asus GL502VM, after Windows decided to perform an update. It was running Windows 10 which came preinstalled with the laptop and I had paused the recent updates since these usually caused more issues. So...
  9. Purchasing Minecraft from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchasing Minecraft from the Microsoft Store: Hi Guys, Im normally a Mac user so im in unknown territory at the moment and need some help! I paid and downloaded Minecraft for my son on his new PC this morning and it just wont install! Every time I click install on the app in my purchased tab, the tab with INSTALL on it...
  10. Minecraft crashes after purchasing coins in the store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft crashes after purchasing coins in the store.: I purchased coins in-game and the game crashed after the purchase went through. Now it crashes everytime I launch it right after the initial loading screen. It shows the start/play screen then freezes and crashes about 2 seconds later. I have tried all of these steps, but...