Windows 10: Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

Discus and support Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. I recently played minecraft once. And i was surprised by the fact that i was getting low fps.I set the right GPU for it, and in the f3 screen it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anshul_8056, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

Hey. I recently played minecraft once. And i was surprised by the fact that i was getting low fps.I set the right GPU for it, and in the f3 screen it shows NVIDIA GTX 1650 only. But when i saw task manager, i saw something else. It was using the intel GPU. the graphs for intel GPU were at 80% only while running the game, not after i closed it, and the NVIDIA GPU's graphs were literally 3%. So, I'm guessing that why my fps is like 40 without shaders. I have seen other people play this game on my laptop, and get 140fps without shaders. Why??? i want that too cause 40 fps isn't acceptable.I'v

:)

Anshul_8056, Jul 23, 2021

2. Power Saving Gpu and High Performance gpu are same (Showing Intel r HD graphics in Both)

have 2 Gpus Intel r HD graphics and Nvidia 310m but there it is showing only Intel r Hd graphics in both power saving and high performance gpu. I have added those application I want to run in nvidia control
    panel to use nvidia gpu but when i open them it still lag and i dont think it is using nvidia's Gpu, I decided to search the internet and found nothing but graphics setting to choose a gpu for an application to run but there it is showing Intel r hd Graphics
    in both. Can anyone fix it ?? My PC Specs

1. Processor- Intel i3 m370
    2. Integrated Gpu (Intel)- Intel r HD Graphics
    3. Nvidia Gpu- Nvidia 310m
    4. OS- Windows 10 1909 Pro x64
    5. Ram- 4 GB
    Feel free to ask me other things about this.

Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU e563d99a-ab82-4ace-b979-753ceb1a6421?upload=true.png

Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU d7760a91-0ac4-4e18-b313-53c491bb9302?upload=true.png

[Vishal_Pandey], Jul 23, 2021
  3. BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

Enable Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GPU automatically on Desktop

Hi,

I just upgraded my desktop with the following config:

Intel i5 7400 CPU,

NVIDIA GeForce 1050,

Win 10x64,

etc.

So obviously I have two display ports - one coming from inbuilt Intel HD 630 graphics, and one from my NVIDIA GPU. And for me, only one at a time seems to be working. This seems to be reasonable, however, I read somewhere that application warranting more graphics
    power will automatically trigger the GPU.

My query is:

1. If I use the motherboard port (built-in Intel HD 630), will it trigger the NVIDIA GPU automatically? - Doing so does not allow me to access NVIDIA control panel, actually. (Warning appears: You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU)

2. If I plug in my monitor in the GPU port, will Intel HD 630 remain ideal forever? This seems to be the case because when I do this, there are no Intel Graphics Setting options available.

3. Of course as running a desktop no need to worry about power, but if I only want to browse the internet and watch movies, can I switch back-and-forth between these GPUs?

Thanks much,

Sahaj.

Sahaj Panchal, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU

1. Minecraft Not using more of NVIDIA GPU, only Intel GPU - Similar Threads - Minecraft using more

2. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  3. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  6. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  7. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  8. Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching between discrete NVIDIA GPU and integrated Intel CPU/GPU (?): Virtual greetings. I recently upgraded my ancient Windows 7 computer to a new and very potent desktop Windows 10 PC. This new PC will be connected via HDMI to a 4K QLED TV as the display monitor. I wanted to use my new PC to watch commercial 4K Blu-ray movies (amongst...
  9. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...
  10. Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU: I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also...