Windows 10: Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads

Discus and support Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Im trying to reset my computer but I bought Minecraft with a giftcard and im wondering if I can possible redownload Minecraft, because every time I go... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jared Kolek, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads

Im trying to reset my computer but I bought Minecraft with a giftcard and im wondering if I can possible redownload Minecraft, because every time I go to the app store it says I need to rebuy it, I haven't restarted it yet because of this issue. The reason im restarting is because my downloads keep opeing with notepad or ask me to choose an app, even for .exe stuff. Every time it just changes it to .jar and does this, is there a fix for it, or can I just redownload Minecraft?

:)

Jared Kolek, Feb 21, 2020

2. Unable to open Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using Minecraft app downloaded from Store or Minecraft program?
    • Do you receive any error?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft and check if that fixes the issue.

Also try to download and install the display and chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads

1. Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads - Similar Threads - Minecraft Notepad opening

2. notepad open twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad open twice: Hello.I nnotice from yesterday that win notepad that i am using for ope srt files when clik on a specific file, open two files at the same time!What is going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-open-twice/9eeaab91-a82a-485a-baf5-520682f3ebae
  3. Notepad open at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad open at startup?: Hi, I recently made my first purchase of my own refurbished laptop to learn with. The operating system on it is Windows 10 and I’ve only used my cellular phone to access the internet via tethering twice so far. Today, I turned it on and notepad was active in the bottom tool...
  4. Notepad open at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad open at startup?: Hi, I recently made my first purchase of my own refurbished laptop to learn with. The operating system on it is Windows 10 and I’ve only used my cellular phone to access the internet via tethering twice so far. Today, I turned it on and notepad was active in the bottom tool...
  5. Notepad open at startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Downloads go into Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads go into Notepad.: For some reason, all of my downloads have been turning into a notepad. Because of it, I cant download anything that I need. Is there anyone that could help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-go-into-notepad/a1bbfd68-649e-4e93-9317-03f8980665b3
  7. Downloads Turning into Notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads Turning into Notepad: My Problem is that when I open my Downloads from chrome they turn into Notepad and a bunch of random codes the Main thing im trying to download is Optifine for Minecraft...
  8. why when i download a file it opens with notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    why when i download a file it opens with notepad: When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop. 153024
  9. DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD

DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD: So I'm trying to download the bios update for my asrock motherboard but when I go to open and extract the files they open in notepad, this also happens with any other downloads as well, I've tried many different solutions including saving the file and trying to open it with...
  10. open with notepad

open with notepad: when opening a GPX file I selected notepad and unintentionally clicked always open with this. I how do I undo this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-with-notepad/736714d7-c63b-4e76-a581-7568d00a2118"