Windows 10: Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang

Discus and support Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a pc and wanted Minecraft so I signed in with my Microsoft account and bought java but now I need to use a Mojang account but it says I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gingerrrrrrr, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang

I just got a pc and wanted Minecraft so I signed in with my Microsoft account and bought java but now I need to use a Mojang account but it says I don't own the game can I link them or something.

:)

Gingerrrrrrr, Feb 4, 2021

2. Microsoft to buy Mojang (Minecraft) for $2.5B

Guys remember Mojang is being bought not just specifically Minecraft. They are just adding the company to its roster so expect more things to start becoming Microsoft Exclusives.

GhostRyder, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Microsoft to buy Mojang (Minecraft) for $2.5B

4J Studios did XB360, PS3, XB1, PS4, and PS Vita editions. Mojang did Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and Raspberry Pi. Most of those are running on Java. iOS is coded in C++ but the code base is apparently not as fully featured as the Java version.

If Microsoft rushes the job, the Windows Phone version will probably stem from the iOS C++ version. If Microsoft semi-rushes it, they'll use Visual Studio 2005 J++ -> C# converter and plug in XNA code to run on most Microsoft platforms. If Microsoft intends to milk Minecraft for all it is worth including a Xbox One, Windows, Windows RT, and Windows Phone launch, they'll scrap virtually all of the original code and start from an XNA foundation.

Considering Microsoft paid $2.5 billion for it when it was undeniably overvalued looking at the profit potential, one would think Microsoft would only be looking at the last choice there. They need a long-term revenue stream from it and they'll only get that from starting over.

I could totally see Microsoft making a new voxel-engine using the Mojang IP and task several of their studios to make content based on it (Mojang on Minecraft 2 and who knows what else). There's an increasing number of voxel-based games launching and Microsoft has no games/engines to compete.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang

Microsoft to buy Mojang (Minecraft) for $2.5B

1) Minecraft isn't a subscription service. To continue developing it is to cost more money when Microsoft likely knows the market is already saturated. They'll keep selling it but I can only see critical and compatibility bug fixes after the development teams put out the stuff Mojang had them working on. They'll likely focus all their efforts on the Windows Store version as soon as possible.

2) Microsoft doesn't own Oculus VR, Facebook does. Putting Minecraft on Oculus would therefore be helping a competitor more than themselves. Microsoft would make some money but likely not enough to justify developing for it, nevermind the $2.5 billion purchase price.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang

1. Minecraft on Microsoft instead of Mojang - Similar Threads - Minecraft Microsoft instead

2. Can't migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft.: I cannot complete the first step to migrate my Mojang account, which is to verify the email. It fails to send the code every time, and changing the email isn't possible because Mojang Studious will not properly send the verification email to verify the account. It claims to...
  3. Can't migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't migrate my Mojang account to Microsoft for Minecraft.: I cannot complete the first step to migrate my Mojang account, which is to verify the email. It fails to send the code every time, and changing the email isn't possible because Mojang Studious will not properly send the verification email to verify the account. It claims to...
  4. microsoft and mojang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft and mojang: Hi, i recently tried to link my microsoft account with mojang since ive bought minecraft from mojang. when i tried it came up that my account was allready linket, but if i logged in it dident work.so i created a new account to link to minecraft because of realms. worked fine,...
  5. microsoft and mojang

microsoft and mojang: Hi, i recently tried to link my microsoft account with mojang since ive bought minecraft from mojang. when i tried it came up that my account was allready linket, but if i logged in it dident work.so i created a new account to link to minecraft because of realms. worked fine,...
  6. Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft account migration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft account migration: Did the migration of Mojang account to Microsoft accounts happen yet? I ask because I have a Mojang account and a Microsoft account and they can't play together so I've been waiting for the migration to happen so I can finally play this game with my friend the way I used to...
  7. Minecraft Mojang to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Minecraft Mojang to Microsoft: I bought a code on Amazon for Minecraft: Java Edition to gift to a friend and they accidentally signed up via Mojang account and redeemed the code. They can't open the full game and only get the demo mode. How do we get that Java edition onto the microsoft account in order to...
  8. Contact Mojang or Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Contact Mojang or Microsoft: So i have been having trouble with my Minecraft Windows 10 code. When it went to redeem for some reason it had already been redeemed I contacted Mojang support and they told me to contact Microsoft to get a new code and then i did a microsoft ticket for the code and they told...
  9. Minecraft account and Mojang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account and Mojang: Hello, I have Minecraft Windows 10 edition that I purchased from microsoft and play on a laptop. Does this give me a Mojang account? When I try to sign into Minecraft.net there is no account for my email. I also tried my xbox live sign in redentials and that didn't work. I...
  10. Minecraft crashes at mojang screen.

Minecraft crashes at mojang screen.: Hello, since i clean installed my computer with the new update (1903) minecraft from the windows store will crash at the mojang screen. Could it be that is because my windows account and the account that minecraft was bought is different? on my windows i am logged in with...