Windows 10: Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

Discus and support Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bellero13, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Bellero13 Win User

Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

Hello,

If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful.

Thanks,

Anand

:)

Bellero13, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Tenforo, Jul 14, 2020
  4. TomBrad95 Win User
    add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

1. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts - Similar Threads - Minecraft Parent purchase

2. Cant change region for child and parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  3. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  4. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  5. Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's: How to move a game from parent's Microsoft account to child's account? I bought a game using my account, and the game is available only in my account, and my son doesn't have access to his Minecraft. Is there any possibility to move the game to my son's account? I don't want...
  6. Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's

Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's: How to move a game from parent's Microsoft account to child's account? I bought a game using my account, and the game is available only in my account, and my son doesn't have access to his Minecraft. Is there any possibility to move the game to my son's account? I don't want...
  7. Child account not linked to her parent's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account not linked to her parent's: Hi everyone, I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the procedure asked for my her father permission at a certain point. I'm now reviewing our Family Group and I find she is in a...
  8. Minecraft marketplace purchase for child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft marketplace purchase for child: Hi, My child wants to but a minecraft world on marketplace. I added money to her microsoft account for the purchase in Nz$ as we line in NZ. I approved her request to purchase, and it asks me to credit her account. First of all I clicked no, as she already has credit....
  9. Minecraft for child account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft for child account: I cannot figure out how to let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that...
  10. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferrring games from parent account to child account: So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere because looking at Minecraft in the store on my child's profile shows that it must be bought. Looking on our Microsoft...