Windows 10: Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine

Discus and support Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My daughter and I have been playing Minecraft at home for awhile now. We both have the PC Bedrock version. We've been playing in a world with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Althius1, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Althius1 Win User

Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine

My daughter and I have been playing Minecraft at home for awhile now. We both have the PC Bedrock version.

We've been playing in a world with no issues, but now all of a sudden, I cannot get into the world. It is hosted on her computer, and she can get in just fine.

I can get into other world she hosts with no issues, so this is not a problem with the connection. We've tried to reboot both computers.

She can actually see my skin in the game, but she cannot interact with it at all.

It would be very disappointing to lose all the work we've put into building this world together!

:)

Althius1, Nov 16, 2020

2. Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

I have a secondary PC that i don't really use for much, so i decided to turn it into a Minecraft server. I downloaded the Bedrock Edition Server and set everything up (including port forwarding). I can join and leave the world just fine, but for some reason
    the status of the server is always 'Locating server' with a red circle in the main menu. Why is this happening? Is there any way to fix it? Maybe i just havent left the server running for long enough?

TigerManGaming, Nov 16, 2020
  3. mincraft bedrock server - You need to authenticate with microsoft services

Has anyone found a solution to hosting a Minecraft bedrock server (which has worked fine for a long time), all of a sudden showing the error message 'You need to authenticate with Microsoft services'

tried:

- signing out and in again

- restarting server

- turning server into offline / back into online

- reinstalling Minecraft app on my PC

- checked logs and confirmed full access to the internet for server

suggestions?

kind regards

rob

RobHarford, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Minecraft PC Bedrock Stuck on Locating Server, After Working Fine - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Stuck

2. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I have two drives. I downloaded on the D drive Can you stell me the location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/708f081c-369f-4b9a-99ab-fa5787b6f549
  3. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I have two drives. I downloaded on the D drive Can you stell me the location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/708f081c-369f-4b9a-99ab-fa5787b6f549
  4. Minecraft Is stuck on locating server screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Is stuck on locating server screen: I'm playing Minecraft on windows 10 edition on my PC which I have recently downloaded a few days ago, and I'm able to see the world under "Joinable friends but when I click on it it just comes up with a locating server and never loads....
  5. Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated server: I am unable to connect to my own dedicated server. I also put on the UWP loopback and was still unable to connect to my world. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-dedicated-server/10a25b99-6fe3-4b99-83c0-3d54e862755a
  6. Minecraft bedrock folders location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock folders location?: I downloaded minecraft windows 10 edition off of the microsoft store and i cant find the files for minecraft itself, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-bedrock-folders-location/52c7b1c4-debe-446e-afb8-10eb2dcac196
  7. Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Server always shows as 'Locating', But still functions as normal. How to fix?: I have a secondary PC that i don't really use for much, so i decided to turn it into a Minecraft server. I downloaded the Bedrock Edition Server and set everything up (including port forwarding). I can join and leave the world just fine, but for some reason the status of the...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock for PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Minecraft Bedrock for PC.: So, I redeemed a code for Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10 a few days back. It was working fine untill today, when I tried to login, it prompted me to purchase a starter edition again. Is it normal? Please help me....
  9. Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock dedicated server problems.: I downloaded minecraft bedrock server and extracted it, then i followed the tutorial in "how to install.pdf" all seems ok but when i want to join my world throught lan tab it appears, but when i join it freezes at "Locating server" Generating world. I dont know what to do...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Edition .exe file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition .exe file location: im trying to make a folder that has two .bat files where one launches minecraft java edition and the other launches bedrock edition but i can't find the .exe file for bedrock edition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Minecraft stuck at locating server