Windows 10: Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

Discus and support Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have owned Minecraft for years but rarely use it. I tried to open it today but could not. The new Microsoft launcher tried to download but now I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MS Sucks Sooooo Bad, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

I have owned Minecraft for years but rarely use it. I tried to open it today but could not. The new Microsoft launcher tried to download but now I cannot play the game and Microsoft says I have to purchase the program again. This is very frustrating. Please help. When I purchase software I need it to work each and every time without all the BS. This never happened through Mojang. When I use the XBox launcher, it says I own the game, but then the store opens and tells me to purchase Minecraft Java....

:)

MS Sucks Sooooo Bad, Dec 8, 2021

2. Microsoft launcher

Hi AustinNeely\,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. May we ask if what troubleshooting you have tried? We highly suggest you to try the steps below.

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Kind Regards,

Rom G.

Romualdo_G, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Janette_Z Win User
    Microsoft Launcher not working

Hello there, PetroDP!

We are sorry if it doesn't work. We tested out an Android device and we are able to create a shortcut for a website using the Google Chrome browser as long as the Microsoft Launcher is set as the default launcher.

You may want to post a feedback for the Microsoft Launcher to have this checked further by the creators/developers of the launcher. This way, it will be checked further.

Kind regards,

Janette_Z, Dec 8, 2021
  4. PetroDP Win User

Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

Microsoft Launcher not working

I have a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren edition phone from T-Mobile.

Microsoft Launcher is the default launcher version # 5.11.0.56299

Google Chrome is set to default browser version # 79.0.3945.93

Both are updated to current version.

When trying to place a website shortcut to my home screen as I have done many times in the past on different phones, it worked. However, on this launcher, I cannot put a shortcut to my home screen.

If I switch launchers and use the OnePlus Launcher, the shortcuts are placed just like they should.

Microsoft launcher will not allow me to do this.

PetroDP, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

1. Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work. - Similar Threads - Minecraft used until

2. Minecraft Launcher is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher is not working.: I was forced to get the Microsoft version of the Minecraft launcher as they decided to make sure the old one didn't work and make sure you had to change your account over to a Microsoft one. Now, it won't launch at all. I cannot open it. It doesn't matter if I click it, run...
  3. Minecraft Launcher is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher is not working.: I was forced to get the Microsoft version of the Minecraft launcher as they decided to make sure the old one didn't work and make sure you had to change your account over to a Microsoft one. Now, it won't launch at all. I cannot open it. It doesn't matter if I click it, run...
  4. Minecraft launcher isn't working

Minecraft launcher isn't working: minecraft launcher on my laptop wouldnt open so i followed advice and deleted it but now i cant reinstall it, what should i do? minecraft bedrock still opens and i can play but i cant access java. i dont really know how the system works so im stuck can anyone help? thank...
  5. Minecraft launcher isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft launcher isn't working: minecraft launcher on my laptop wouldnt open so i followed advice and deleted it but now i cant reinstall it, what should i do? minecraft bedrock still opens and i can play but i cant access java. i dont really know how the system works so im stuck can anyone help? thank...
  6. New Minecraft Launcher not working

New Minecraft Launcher not working: The new Minecraft launcher does not let me sign in with Microsoft account. It says that they couldn't sign me in Xbox live, I'm not sure why but please help me to try and fix this issue.The stop code is : 0x87DD0003...
  7. Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.: I have owned Minecraft for years but rarely use it. I tried to open it today but could not. The new Microsoft launcher tried to download but now I cannot play the game and Microsoft says I have to purchase the program again. This is very frustrating. Please help. When I...
  8. Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.

Minecraft used to work until Microsoft changed the launcher. Now it does not work.: I have owned Minecraft for years but rarely use it. I tried to open it today but could not. The new Microsoft launcher tried to download but now I cannot play the game and Microsoft says I have to purchase the program again. This is very frustrating. Please help. When I...
  9. Minecraft Launcher Not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Launcher Not working...: Okie so.. I recently purchased Minecraft Java edition for my laptop. When I go on the launcher everything is fine and smooth.. Then when I click onto Minecraft it takes a second but starts the game. However, it keeps staying on the Mojang loading page with the application...
  10. My Minecraft launcher is not responding and working for a week now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Minecraft launcher is not responding and working for a week now.: Hello, I wanted to ask, does this happen to you too?? Cause my launcher is ,,not responding´´ for a while now... I updated java and everything and it still doesn´t work... If you have a solution or the same problem as I have, please leave a comment with some tips or an...