Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Minecraft v1.16.201 and I can connect to a LAN server if I use my Microsoft account but I cannot connect if I use my child Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alfredo De Regil, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account

I have Windows 10 Minecraft v1.16.201 and I can connect to a LAN server if I use my Microsoft account but I cannot connect if I use my child Microsoft account.

I am aware of the permissions that I should assign to the child account:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360042649591-I-m-trying-to-set-up-an-Xbox-Live-or-Microsoft-Account-including-Realms-access-for-Child-Accounts-

But any permissions that I put ther does not make any difference.

If I play without a Microsoft account, I can connect to the LAN server.

If I play with my Microsoft account or other accounts, I can connec to the LAN server.

If I play using my child's Microsoft account, I cannot connect to the LAN server.

The behaviour is that after selecting the LAN server, it displays the Generating World windows... Locating the server... and it stays there forever.

I have also tried removing my child's account from the family organization but it doesn't work either.

I have configured ALL permissions and it does not make any changes.

The problem is not with the computer or the network because I can connect.

I'm tempted to create a new account and try but that really does not solve the mistery.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Alfredo De Regil, Jan 20, 2021

2. Minecraft Servers- child?

Hi,

A Parent account can manage or control the Child account's privacy and online safety settings online. To change or remove the restrictions on your child's profile, you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Xbox account settings page
    • Select the gamertag of the child account which you want to edit.
    • Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • Save your settings.

Make sure that the restrictions are also removed from the
    Microsoft Family page

• Sign in to your account and look for the child account's email address.
    • Click on Content restrictions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Adam Mac Win User
    Minecraft for Windows 10 can't connect to local server on LAN

Completed stock install of the java-based Minecraft server (version 1.13) on a Windows 10 machine #1. Forwarded ports, opened firewalls, and external "ping" sites confirm that they can see the server, and show the custom MOTD that I set up. So far so good. Port is 25565, and netstat -a -b -n confirms that only Minecraft is listening on this port.

On Windows 10 machine #2 (connected to the same network as machine #1 only via wifi) or Windows 10 machine #1 (hard-wired to network), I run Minecraft for Windows 10, log into Xbox Live, and "Add Server" using my WAN IP (not LAN IP). The server cannot be located, and if I try to connect, I get "Unable to connect to world" after a wait of about 15 seconds. How can I configure the server to allow these Win10 clients to connect? Extensive googling has been fruitless.

I also tried using "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" as the server IP in the Windows 10 clients, as well as the WAN IP.

I am out of trouble-shooting ideas, so would very much like some help - is this some kind of versioning issue? Or is there some kind of setting in server.properties that I need to change? Heeeeellpppp!!!!

EDIT:

• No whitelisting
    • I tried the server LAN IP (192.168.x.x) as well - same error
    • The Minecraft client has no issues connecting to the "featured
      servers"
    • Router is Asus RT-N66U; no network services filters, blacklists, or parental controls
    • The clients are the UWP version, from the Microsoft Store, not the
      Java versions.

Adam Mac, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account

1. Minecraft Windows 10: Cannot connect to LAN server using child xbox account - Similar Threads - Minecraft Cannot connect

2. Minecraft Windows 10 multiple child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 multiple child accounts: We have three child accounts on our main Microsoft account. We would like our children to be able to play Minecraft simultaneously on different devices, each on their own child account. I know this is not possible with the Java edition. Is this an option with Minecraft for...
  3. Windows 10 LAN Server Setup for Minecraft Bedrock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LAN Server Setup for Minecraft Bedrock: I have a friend that has a Windows 10 laptop, and my friends and I want to play Minecraft on our phones using the laptop as a host via a LAN network. This works on Mac for me. All I have to do is ‘create a network’ and it makes a LAN network for me that everyone can connect...
  4. Child account sign-in for Minecraft 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account sign-in for Minecraft 10: Hello, I've installed Minecraft 10 for Windows on my computer so that my daughter can play. I logged in under my Microsoft account initially, but would like to switch it to my daughter's account. I created a child account under Microsoft Family, but can't figure out how to...
  5. Allow Child 11 multiplayer games to connect to minecraft server _

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow Child 11 multiplayer games to connect to minecraft server _: I tried this a year a ago but seems the family settings are settings are still terribly awkward. How to I allow my child to connect to a minecraft server? On her iPad , after signing in into minecraft, it tells that multiplayer games are not allowed with her account, but I...
  6. Minecraft cannot connect to friends server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cannot connect to friends server: I can't connect to my friend's world. I'm not sure why I can't connect to his realm. There are others that are able to do so just fine. Any reccomendations for how to connect to the realm?...
  7. Minecraft for child account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft for child account: I cannot figure out how to let my child play Minecraft using using their child account setup using Microsoft Family. I have purchased, downloaded, and installed Minecraft using my (parent) account. Its through my Xbox username. We do not own a XBox console. Not sure if that...
  8. Minecraft for Windows 10 cannot to connect to server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 cannot to connect to server: Hello, My roommate is currently attempting to connect to a multiplayer game. I cannot connect to his game and he cannot connect to mine. I was able to connect to a game with another friend on Xbox. My roommate's computer recently starting saying "Activate Windows" out of...
  9. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not connect to a server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not connect to a server: Hello there, I am here to tell you that when I click 'Add a Server', on Minecraft for Windows 10, and type in the correct server details, an error message appears on screen that reads 'Unable to connect to world'. I am here to ask: Is there anything that I can do to help...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 PC Cannot Login to Xbox Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 PC Cannot Login to Xbox Account: I just recently bought the Minecraft Windows 10 edition to play on my computer. This isn't the pocket edition. I have an xbox live account, and am trying to login but have gotten the same "Failed to login" error everytime. I've tried to: Uninstall/Reinstall the game...