Windows 10: Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore...

Discus and support Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I feel like a few people have had this issue, and there hasn't been a solution posted yet. Today I bought the Minecraft windows 10 starter edition... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lohgee, Aug 17, 2020.

1. lohgee Win User

Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore...

I feel like a few people have had this issue, and there hasn't been a solution posted yet.

Today I bought the Minecraft windows 10 starter edition through the minecraft.net website and downloaded it to my PC. My PC is loged in with an outlook account, I can see I am logged in for outlook, xbox live etc. However when opening minecraft and attempting to add a friend, or join a server, a pop up box comes up for me to save my purchases to a microsoft account or leave on device. If I click on save to microsoft account a pop up box comes up saying failed to log in, and now I cannot axxess anything.

This is my 3rd purchase of minecraft on various differnt platforms, is there a fix for this or can I get a refund?

:)

lohgee, Aug 17, 2020

2. I can't sign into my Minecraft: Windows 10 (Microsoft) Account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while signing to Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you facing this sign in issue with any other app?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps sequentially and check if you are able to access Minecraft Windows 10 edition.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Minecraft app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore...

Minecraft Win10 Edition

Hi Griffin,

If you have the previous version of Minecraft, you may download its latest version for free. Click this

link
    to download the game.

You'll be asked to enter a game code. If you don't have the code, kindly perform the following steps:

• Sign in with your Mojang account.
    • Under Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, select the link to request a code. The Windows 10 Store will open.

Note: You'll need to sign in to or create a Microsoft account. If you sign in, use the Microsoft account you use to sign in to your Xbox account.
    • If you're running Windows 10, you'll be able to download the game right after redeeming your code. If you're running an earlier operating system, you'll need to come back to the Windows Store once you're running Windows 10.
    Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore...

1. Minecraft WIndows 10 edition on PC - unable to sign in to microsoft account and therfore... - Similar Threads - Minecraft edition unable

2. Unable to sign into my Microsoft Account on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my Microsoft Account on Minecraft: Okay so I was playing minecraft after I just downloaded it Bedrock edition and it wont let me sign into a microsoft account. My wifi works fine but every time I try to sign in it gives me an error screen.....Help.. [Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Help..."]...
  3. Can't sign into Microsoft account on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Microsoft account on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: Every time I click sign in on minecraft, it says "signing in with your microsoft account" and it stays like that, i just bought a realm and i dont want to be wasted. please help[ATTACH]...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft PS4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account on Minecraft PS4: Split from this thread. Hello, i have the same issue. I am on an adult account but just created this account today. Could this be the issue and i’m just gonna have to wait or is there something i can do?...
  5. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account for Minecraft: Split from this thread. I cant sign i tried everything can you please put a different code in so i can try to sign back in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-for/6bf3aa71-dafe-4be5-8ea8-ee49397132e1
  6. Cannot sign into microsoft account on minecraft windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into microsoft account on minecraft windows 10 edition: I am not able to login to my microsoft account for minecraft windows 10. It was just downloaded and all drivers are up to date. All xbox live settings are active. It flashes an attempt to login then shows nothing. Any suggestions?...
  7. Signing into Microsoft Account on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into Microsoft Account on Minecraft Windows 10: I paid and downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 for my PC a couple of weeks ago and since I first opened the app I have been unable to sign into my Microsoft account. I own Minecraft for both 'Apple' and 'Android' devices and I haven't had any problems with signing into my...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Sign-in: I claimed my free Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from Mojang today, but when I downloaded it from the Microsoft Store, I found that I could not sign in. The error I received can be seen in the attached picture: [IMG] I have already tried signing out of the Microsoft Store,...
  9. Can't sign into Microsoft account on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Microsoft account on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and got minecraft bedrock to play with my friends. Every time I click sign in on minecraft, it says "signing in with your microsoft account" for an ungodly amount of time, then says "Failed to sign you in to your microsoft account." Please...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10 unable to sign into Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition for Windows 10 unable to sign into Microsoft Account: I just bought Minecraft to play with friends on Xbox and Switch but I have to be able to log into my Microsoft account to join their server. When I try to log in I get an error that says "We tried to sign you in to your Microsoft Account, but something went wrong". I can play...