Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On MC Windows 10 Edition, I want to join a realm. However, when I try joining the realm, an error message pops up, saying "You cannot play online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IcePengex, Jan 26, 2020.

1. IcePengex Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings

On MC Windows 10 Edition, I want to join a realm. However, when I try joining the realm, an error message pops up, saying "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings." If I do go search "aka.ms/accountsettings" in the search bar, it sends me to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Of course, this isn't what I'm looking for, so when I try to go to account.xbox.com it still sends me to that specific link. Furthermore, the error message says "You cannot play online multiplayer" but it seems that that only holds true for realms because I'm able to join friends in their worlds or join servers. How can I prevent the error message from showing whenever I try to join a realm?

:)

IcePengex, Jan 26, 2020

2. Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hi,

Issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this

link
    and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the Save
      button.
    • Play Minecraft again.

Note For the Child accounts, only the
    Parent accounts
    can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Joel Vogt Win User
    Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hello! I am having the same problem with Minecraft, and my child's account is already set up to allow join multiplayer games, but I get the same error message that the person above is getting. Nothing I do helps.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel Vogt, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer
    through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and online safety settings on Xbox.com." I am having really a big problem finding this settings option. Please help me do it so that I can freely play multiplayer
    on Minecraft. Thanks a lot.

Gunārs Lapsa, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Online Multiplayer Privacy Settings - Similar Threads - Minecraft Edition Online

2. minecraft java edition multiplayer error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    minecraft java edition multiplayer error: ill try to join a freind or they will try to join me. we will open the world to lan and try to join but this error pops up every time failed to connect to serverio.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexeption: connection timed out: no further information: we...
  3. Minecraft Java Edition Multiplayer restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Edition Multiplayer restrictions: My child has installed Minecraft Java on his PC but it says that multiplayer is restricted and it needs to be changed in settings, I have changed the settings in both mine and my child's account so that online multiplayer and joining groups is allowed, yet it still won't...
  4. minecraft java edition multiplayer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minecraft java edition multiplayer: Hello, I recently bought minecraft java edition on my pc yesterday and I linked it with this microsoft account, but when i attempt to play multipayer it says "multiplayer is disabled. pease check your microsoft account settings". I have tried everything, I don't even have a...
  5. Minecraft Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minecraft Privacy settings: So today i downloaded minecraft bedrock edition on my pc but i can't play it because of the privacy settings and i don't know how to change them. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-privacy-settings/f033e9bd-9570-410d-806c-bc3a46ca7723
  6. Xbox Online Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Online Privacy Settings: I have been trying to play minecraft on Windows 10 with realms, but it says to change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings. If I go to that, it automatically redirects to https://beta.support.xbox.com/. If I click on more actions > Xbox settings, it redirects right...
  7. Minecraft online multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft online multiplayer: best i was going to play minecraft online multiplayer games but it say its becuse off my settings how can i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-online-multiplayer/7e2709dd-e903-4a1f-8d92-6c013aedec32
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 privacy settings: I'm trying to join my friends' Minecraft realm, but it says I need to update my privacy settings. I can play on multiplayer servers though. The link it tells me to go to is forever stuck in a load and it brings me nowhere. I am under a family group but I have all privileges....
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on PC - No Multiplayer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on PC - No Multiplayer?: Good day, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition a while back (June 2019) on PC and haven't compared it to others for a while. After seeing other's peoples launchers and experience I noticed, that my game would just start, giving me no option to go into multiplayer. On the...
  10. Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play online multiplayer on Minecraft Windows 10: When I try to accept a new realm membership from a friend on Minecraft Windows 10, it says I "cannot play online multiplayer through xbox live because of how my account is set up." So I went online and changed my settings to allow me to play online, went back to minecraft,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set microsoft account to allow multiplayer