Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy"

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, So I have Minecraft Windows 10 Edition installed on one PC, and it works flawlessly with the Gamer-tag login I use, no complaints. The issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrandonLojek, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy"

Hello,

So I have Minecraft Windows 10 Edition installed on one PC, and it works flawlessly with the Gamer-tag login I use, no complaints. The issue is that the game does not show up as a "game I own" in the xbox companion app I have installed. This normally wouldn't be a problem, however as I'm trying to play it on a different computer with the same copy, I am unable to do so because it's supposedly not associated with the account I use despite me being able to login with the account in-game. When going to the Microsoft store it prompts me to buy the game again without any hint of previous ownership.

The copy I have has been installed for a long time and I'm not even sure what account it's owned by. What I do know is that if I ever reset this first computer, that copy will be lost forever and unrecoverable since I have no idea how to access the save/origin folder of the app. I believe this copy is one that was redeemed by the offer given to owners who had Minecraft: Java Edition previously but I'm not certain. Either that or it was redeemed by a Microsoft key/code; it was not bought directly from the store.

Ideally, I'd like this "ghost copy" on my PC to be transferred and/or owned by the only account that I use. If this is not possible, I'd like to know where the game is installed on the computer so I can maybe manually move it myself.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Brandon Lojek

:)

BrandonLojek, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Hi,

If you already played Minecraft from its previous PC or Mac version (running Java), you will be eligible to download Minecraft: Windows 10 edition for free. Normally, you'll be able to download the full version right after you redeem the Minecraft: Windows
    10 Beta code to your Windows 10 computer. In your case, there's a possibility it doesn't detect the beta code that you redeemed. We recommend that you reset the Windows Store to clear the store cache on your computer by performing the following steps:

• Press  Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer and reinstall the game.

To know more about Minecraft: Windows 10 edition, you may refer to this link.

Let us know if the solution works for you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy"

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Unable to connect to world

Hi Angelito,

The game server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the Minecraft world. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to connect to an external server on Minecraft before?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    • Do you have a firewall (or antivirus firewall)? If yes, try to disable it.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This could help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy"

1. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Unable to Transfer to Another Computer & "Ghost Copy" - Similar Threads - Minecraft Edition Unable

2. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in Mar 2021 on Microsoft Store. I want to transfer it to a new computer. How do I do this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-transfer-to-new/817fd226-e26b-4b7a-88b4-30a9e1bfc5e5
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer: I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in Mar 2021 on Microsoft Store. I want to transfer it to a new computer. How do I do this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-transfer-to-new/817fd226-e26b-4b7a-88b4-30a9e1bfc5e5
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Minecraft Java Edition account on Microsoft to another user: Some time ago I bought Minecraft Java Edition using a key for a friend. For some reason, even though we logged in on his account, the game was added to my Microsoft account, which probably was still logged in as the default on the PC. Is there a way for me to transfer the...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Free Copy: I had redeemed my free copy of Minecraft windows 10 a long time ago on a relative's Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the account and would still like to play Windows 10 Edition without purchasing the game again. Is there anything I could do to get another copy?...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition transfer: I own a copy of Minecraft Java Edition, and I bought it early enough to get Windows 10 Edition free. I used the code and all was well until I unfortunately lost the computer, and with it, my copy of the game. I tried checking in the "Purchased" section of the Microsoft store,...
  8. Unable to download my copy of Minecraft Bedrock Edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download my copy of Minecraft Bedrock Edition.: When MC Bedrock first released, I had obtained a free copy of it due to already owning a Java Edition account. A while afterwords, I purchased an Xbox One S with a code for Minecraft, along with some goodies. I recently got a new PC, and have been trying to download and...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 to another computer: Hi there! I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bits installed in my computer, it's a retail version (I checked using slmgr -dli on cmd). I'm going to buy a laptop and i want to transfer my Win 10 to it, also I want to install the 64 bit version. The reason I'm transferring Win 10 is that...
  10. How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer?: As the title says I need to transfer my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to my new computer but the old hard drive it was on was wiped. I still have access and am logged in with the account I used, I have the original codes and proof of purchase, I just need to find...