Windows 10: Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?

Discus and support Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft a year ago. My laptop's hard drive failed and I had to get a new one, so of course I lost everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lexi_J, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Lexi_J Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account?

So I purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft a year ago. My laptop's hard drive failed and I had to get a new one, so of course I lost everything backup your files people, don't be like me. I thought my Minecraft worlds, skins, realms, etc. would be saved through my Microsoft account, so in theory, I thought I could just redownload Minecraft, log in, and pick up where I left off. Well, here's where it gets weird.

My Microsoft account says I never bought it. The only way I can even find Minecraft under my Microsoft account is if I go to the Microsoft store, then my library, and redownload it from there. But if I log into my Microsoft account, Mojang, or Minecraft.net, it says I don't own the game yet. The weirder part is if I log into the Windows 10 Minecraft I downloaded from the app store, it knows my account/gamer tag and achievements. Same thing with My Xbox Live account, it has my gamer tag and all my achievements, but my log, worlds, skins, and friend's list is empty.

In other words, how do I fix this so that my Microsoft account is up to date with the Microsoft Store? Is there any way in really downloading the game instead of using the app?

Also, is there any way to retrieve my old worlds and skin? I already know to go to the "saves" folder, but that would only work if I still had my original hard drive, this one is new, therefore doesn't have any of my saves.

Thanks in advance

:)

Lexi_J, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account? :(

Zakin, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Minecraft Windows 10 not connecting to Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Minecraft connecting Microsoft

2. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  3. Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Minecraft to Microsoft Account: I cannot get Minecraft to connect to my Microsoft account. The game loads up and when I click on the play button it brings up a pop up window that says Microsoft Account and inside it says "connecting..." My only option is to click ok, which closes the pop up. When I try to...
  4. Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft

Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft: I'm having trouble signing in to my Microsoft on Minecraft to my PlayStation. I'm trying to link sign back in to my Microsoft account to my PlayStation but it keeps telling me my Microsoft account is already linked to another PlayStation account but it's not...
  5. Microsoft account not connecting too Minecraft: Windows 10 edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account not connecting too Minecraft: Windows 10 edition.: Hi there, I have been having a problem with my brand new Minecraft Windows 10 Edition game. When I load in the game, it asks me to sign into my Microsoft account. When I hit this button, it says signing into your microsoft account and just stays on that page forever. If...
  6. Connect my Minecraft account to my Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connect my Minecraft account to my Microsoft account: I just purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft from the Windows Store and I found out that it's not the Java version. I would like to switch my version of Minecraft but I cant do that from the Windows 10 app. How do I fix this?...
  7. Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft using the Remote Connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting your Microsoft Account to Minecraft using the Remote Connect: we are not able to connect.... we did every step... write the code that displayed on PS4 screen. but it said " this account is already connected. pls enter CostAardvark52" which is like this in Turkish as we are in Turkey "Eyvah! Görünüşe göre bu hesap zaten bağlı. Lütfen...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock Connection to wrong microsoft account

Minecraft Bedrock Connection to wrong microsoft account: Hello, I got the game Minecraft edition bedrock so on windows 10 from my Mojang account, because I already owned the basic game. You have to enter a code to get it for free, it worked but the game linked to an old email address deleted from my microsoft account. So I...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 - unable to connect with Microsoft Account: Hi, I have the following problem. I can install and start Minecraft without problems but when I try to log in I get an error message - unable to connect with Microsoft. .. Any ideas?...
  10. Can not connect to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not connect to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft: Split from this thread. [Moderator Edit: Post moved into Gaming on Windows 10 to allow us to work though troubleshooting steps. Please do not move to another category] Yea same thing with my PS4 I've tried everything possible for the account to link but still nothing....my...